Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Hedgehogs, anyone? >

Hedgehogs, anyone?

Hedgehogs, anyone?

Old 01-09-2010, 01:47 PM

Sorry none of that is for me
Dodie
Old 01-09-2010, 01:56 PM

I didn't want to be negative about these colors, but I have to agree about not purchasing "trendy" fabrics to put in a quilt. I would make something for my daughter to wear out of these fabrics because she will outgrow them, but to put into a quilt, I doubt I would. I have too much fabric on my shelves that I bought when it was "in" and now it will sit there, unused, waiting for years until it is "in" again. Some of it probably will not ever get used, no matter how much I liked it when I bought it.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I didn't want to be negative about these colors, but I have to agree about not purchasing "trendy" fabrics to put in a quilt. I would make something for my daughter to wear out of these fabrics because she will outgrow them, but to put into a quilt, I doubt I would. I have too much fabric on my shelves that I bought when it was "in" and now it will sit there, unused, waiting for years until it is "in" again. Some of it probably will not ever get used, no matter how much I liked it when I bought it.
Oh Mistymarie so glad I have found someone who has bought fabric and that is collecting dust. I had sooo many ideas and projects when I bought the fabrics and 6 years down the line I cannot remember why I bought them in the first place... of the joys of being a quilter... have a great day. ciao
Old 01-10-2010, 05:48 AM

I think they are very cute for children quilts. My favorite are the hedgehogs and lovebirds :lol: :thumbup:
Old 01-10-2010, 03:27 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

[quote=wvdek]Someone once said, "Don't ask if you don't like the answer". quote]

This made me chuckle!

I'm not afraid to ask, 'cause I'm not afraid of the answer.

Not being the fabric designer, the answer won't hurt my feelings one way or another. I love the wide range of opinions that are being expressed here!
Old 01-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Power Poster

I think these are great, as others have mentioned...very retro. Lots of people are into owls and birds....don't know about hedgehogs though.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Ok, now for something COMPLETELY different.

It's hedgehogs. And owls. And lovebirds, and mushrooms.

I'm just going to post the whole lot of them... and ask what you think.
Oh! I love hedgehogs, have one and used to breed them for several years. What line of fabric is this????? (I'm actually drooling over your fabrics!)
Old 01-12-2010, 06:19 PM

Oh! I love hedgehogs, have one and used to breed them for several years. What line of fabric is this????? (I'm actually drooling over your fabrics!)
How about pics of that little hedgehog? I would love to see one!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:21 PM

I like the 1st pic of the hedge hogs and the natural owls... the rest don't really do anything for me... unfortunately, I can't buy :(
Old 01-12-2010, 07:31 PM

Here's my favorite picture of my sweet little girl. She died a few years ago but she was my first and was very dear to me. When she died it about broke my heart! The second one was my hubby's favorite. He was a real sweetheart and loved everyone, a trait that is most unusual in a hedgehog. Usually they need time to get to know someone before they are super friendly, but not him. He loved being in my herd since he got to "service" all the girls. Well, all the ones that weren't related to him. ;)

My last remaining baby looks like he ate both these two. He's a fat little thing and whenever I come into his room he runs out and looks up at me with the funniest expression, very much like he's demanding a treat and wondering why it's taken me so long to show up. Heaven forbid if I'm late in feeding him! :lol:

Jazira plays Peek-A-Boo
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67830[/ATTACH]

Pekuzi hangs out with Dad
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67831[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-67825.jpe   attachment-67826.jpe