Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help - I can decide

Where ARE my socks? They were knocked off when I saw this beautiful, gorgeous quilt! Wow...thanks for sharing and if you see my socks around anywhere, send them home...I need them!

Um, I am going to be different- I like number 3. But I don't DISlike any of them, so whatever you do, it will be great.

The applique idea is cool, too.

Oh, and regarding Klue's technique, someone told me a hint about that- you use old/used fabric softener sheets. Then you are recycling and it's cheap! :-) This only works if your applique is small enough, though.

I like choice #4, period. Beautiful quilt.

:shock: I had to put the big glasses on to see all the differences this morning of your design. I think my eyes are getting worse.

I agree with some of the girls that the number 4 is the prettiest the way it is. But I would change out the enlongated star for the dark one in the left corner to balance it out.

Just piping in, I like #1. The white background sets all the fabrics off. Nice contrast.

Have you decided yourself yet?

I have been working on the quilt nights after work this week while darling husband was away for work. I have gone with choice 2, the white background. I am going to do applique (something I've never gone before) or quilting a design in blue in the four white corners. In the middle white triangle on the bottom I have decided to embroidery the quilt label. Why do the quilt label on the front of the quilt you ask. Well, that way everyone can see immediately that eleven other people helped make this quilt. Three of the people from another country. :D How cool is that. I also decided to make 12 6" stars instead of the 8 shown in the picture. I designed this quilt with EQ6 and I don't know how to use it all the well. I couldn't figure out how to change the spacing in that board to way I wanted to be. Oh well, I was able to get the general idea of what I wanted to do and finish the designing while actually working on the quilt. I will post picture this weekend I hope of my progress. Right now I'm at work. Don't tell. I'm thinking about piecing some stars (just the star part not the whole block) using the boarder colors for the appilques to bring those colors to the top of the quilt. Well, that's my thoughts. Hope everyone is having a nice Friday. Thanks for all of the comments!

Blog Entries
    one or four. all lovely but i liked one right off and then four with the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I'm no help either.
    BUT...I can give you my addy and you can just send it to me! :) :)
    Thank you for being so kind to offer my quilt a home. :lol: But it is going on my guest bed. :D :lol:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2