Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose!

I am convinced that my yellow and blue Yellow Brick road quilt is now going to be a Disappearing Nine patch.

I have 10 colours selected. Can only use nine.

Your opinions PLEASE!

Lori

Attached Images Attached Images

oh wow, what a nice stack of fabric! if one has to dissappear, I would choose the blue check on top, although blue is my favorite color, that one "seams" to have the least in this collection.

Blog Entries
    skip the blue check on the top.

I took out the blue with the dark background... Is that the right choice?
    Attached Images Attached Images

not unless you're sending it to me! :wink:

Blog Entries
    this is bizarre. i opened your post while taking a break from cutting some blues and a yellow for my stepping stones. great minds think alike. ;-)

I love yellow and blue!! I also love the blue with the dark background, puts movement in your selection. Hard choice!

I'd put the darker blue, back in and take out the lite blue and white check. I'd never say no to blue and yellow, I have those colors through out my house.

I think the light blue checked should be removed.

I don't think the blue gingham well goes with the other choices. So I'd take out the blue gingham

the blue check should be removed..........at least that is what i would do

Heres a little trick I do when I cant decide. Cut a very small piece off each one, put them in a paper bag, shake them up. start pulling them out, and the last one out is the one thats out
    Karen

wow thats the best way to decide..i likem all......maybe you will need the extra one if you run out or use it for the binding :D

Actually I think the blue check could stay in....you have a yellow check......I think the white background with little blue flowers from the bottom of the pile would be the first to go for me. I covered it & like the richness of the other colours without it. JMHO

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Call me crazy--but I'd take out the big flower print--it sticks out to me--although color wise it looks great. I can't wait to see this!!

Is the disappearing part where you use the same fabric corner to corner across the square?

Yes the ninepatch is cut into four squares and two corner blocks are exchanged... or at least that's how this is going to be!

joy
    the material with the big flowers might not go with the rest.... lovely materials... I like the disappearing 9 patch.

If I were you, I would take out either the second one from the top, or the sixth one from the top. I love all that you have chosen, but since you need to get rid of one, that is my suggestion!

I would put the dark blue back in and take out the blue and white check on top too. The others look nice together.

Quote Originally Posted by barnbum
    Call me crazy--but I'd take out the big flower print--it sticks out to me--although color wise it looks great. I can't wait to see this!!

Is the disappearing part where you use the same fabric corner to corner across the square?
    I agree with taking out the large floral print. It doesn't go with all the smaller prints.

The big floral print is overpowering the smaller prints, that is the one I would remove. :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So, mamagus--have you decided? And when can we expect to see pictures of the top done? :wink:

I tend to believe in light and dark values and few middles, though for some reason end up with a lot of mediums. I say keep the dark since you've only a couple. One of the checks, probably the blue. Do you really want to deal with directional fabrics anyway with whay you've planned?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Weeeellll...I confess Steve--I don't usually use prints that have to go a certain direction--as far as upright, but when it comes to checks--I cut where ever. Always seems to come out okay. In my eyes anyway. :D I just wanted to show the other side of the coin, so to speak. :wink:

I have been buying yellows and blues forever and have not made the quilt yet. I like all your fabrics, if I had to choose one to disgard I would select the bottom one. Hope that is helpful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast