Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Help to Post Pictures >

Help to Post Pictures

Help to Post Pictures

Old 01-02-2012, 06:27 AM

Here is more info that may help some:

To resize a photo:
-Check your camera settings. There are choices in the quality or what you want to do with the picture prior to taking a photo. When you change this setting it helps with the resizing.

If you don't want to change your camera settings:
-Put the photo on your desktop
-Dbl click it to open it
-SAVE AS
-At the bottom of my SAVE AS window I can grab a slider bar which allows me to save the picture in a smaller size
-Save the photo in that smaller size

HTH-
Old 01-02-2012, 06:33 AM

Thank you, maybe with this info I will get brave enough to try posting photos.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:05 AM

Thanks everyone for all this good info. I've been trying for several days to download pic from MAC and had no luck!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by gingerd View Post
I'm on an iMac. Are your photos within iPhoto?

Within iPhoto:
This is what I do as my photos are in iPhoto.
CLICK: photos I want to post
CLICK: email icon located at the lower right corner. This will open up a window asking you what size you want the photos. I usually keep mine at "medium".
MAC MAIL: your photos will now appear within an email window. Drag these photos to your desktop (they are now resized).

Return back to the message board--post your topic/photos.

Try this and it should work.

The other way to resize your photos is to look at your camera settings. There is a setting for quality of photos. Sometimes there is an email setting on your camera. Change this setting to something that isn't the highest quality. That too will help to resize your photos.
That's just it, I always did that but all of a sudden my upload failed. So now I have to change it from JPG to PNG. Any other way I get "upload failed" I've been working on this for days now. Like I said I even called Apple. No help from QB. Members are very helpful though.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:42 AM

For a Mac--make sure to use iPhoto! The program has improved tremendously throughout the years. iPhoto also has some photo editing features within it. I feel it's strongest feature is it's organization.

When you plug your camera in it will ask if you want the photos to go into iPhoto. Say "yes" and it will automatically do this each time you plug your camera in.

Photos: they will load and be grouped (Events) by date. You can later on merge the dates if you choose.

You will have a library of "Events," "Photos," "Faces," and "Places". You can adjust these within each library. To delete a photo from your photos completely:

Within "Photos" - click the photo/press delete, then: Menu Bar: iPhoto: scroll to "Empty Trash". This will permanently delete photos. ***This is the only program on a Mac that has it's own trash can, so it has to be emptied separately.

If you have a chance play around within iPhoto. You can easily create a slideshow/music-using iTunes.

Have fun!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:46 AM

I just sent you a pmail regarding your photo resizing.......

;->
Old 01-02-2012, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by gingerd View Post
For a Mac--make sure to use iPhoto! The program has improved tremendously throughout the years. iPhoto also has some photo editing features within it. I feel it's strongest feature is it's organization.

When you plug your camera in it will ask if you want the photos to go into iPhoto. Say "yes" and it will automatically do this each time you plug your camera in.

Photos: they will load and be grouped (Events) by date. You can later on merge the dates if you choose.

You will have a library of "Events," "Photos," "Faces," and "Places". You can adjust these within each library. To delete a photo from your photos completely:

Within "Photos" - click the photo/press delete, then: Menu Bar: iPhoto: scroll to "Empty Trash". This will permanently delete photos. ***This is the only program on a Mac that has it's own trash can, so it has to be emptied separately.

If you have a chance play around within iPhoto. You can easily create a slideshow/music-using iTunes.

Have fun!
Everything you are saying I have done. That's just my frustration. I've tried it all. Evan Apple grew up their hands. I've played around in iPhoto, I've made slide shows (mostly of my quilting projects). I love the iPhoto. I'm on a mac book pro. I've had iMacs since 1995. Wouldn't have anything but.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:04 AM

Let's see if this works for you Helen!

Here ya go.......
Attached Thumbnails pict0009.jpg  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:08 AM

Helen--check your email............
Old 01-02-2012, 08:09 AM

I used save as then tried to post it here but it read: invalid file