Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Help!!!!

I am doing a log cabin quilt, and I wanted to design it into the diamonds/stars look. Well I had no idea that there were different variations to this block. So now when I place them in the pattern for it, my two points at the top, bottom nor sides are equal height. So now what I can I do? People are going to think I was drinking while making this. Ha ha ha..I may need one now though.. ha ha ha To think..I was enjoying making this one and WAS having so much fun. I should have known it was to good to be true. ha ha ha
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Put it together & don't tell anybody.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k9dancer
    I agree!

I've started telling myself "that the next one will be better" - just as a way to stop myself from dwelling on small imperfections.

and yes you may call me a "wanna be" perfectionist!

i think it still looks good like that. it is different from all the others~~one of a kind~~

I like it alot!

It looks great as is. No one will know you didn't plan it that way unless you tell them. Keep going & finish it & I'll bet you will be pleased with it when it is completed.

It simply makes it unique. I think it's pretty.

I think it will be beautiful. I'm a perfectionist too, quilts just won't act right, I still keep trying.

Blog Entries
    I think it is pretty the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltinghere
    I agree!

I've started telling myself "that the next one will be better" - just as a way to stop myself from dwelling on small imperfections.

and yes you may call me a "wanna be" perfectionist!
    Completely agree! Your colors are beautiful. Have you tried rearranging it into a different pattern? You might like it better.
    But even if you don't, who's to know you didn't intend for it to be that way? It'll still be a beautiful quilt!

Blog Entries
    I vote YES on this!! LOLOLOL

I thought it was suppose to look like that... took me quite a while to figure out what you were talking about.

Blog Entries
    You made a design decision to make yours this way - if anyone is rude enough to ask. The colors are great and I'll bet it looks wonderful when it is finished. I can never make a pattern to the pattern, then mine would look just like every other one...like anyone is ever going to line them up somewhere!!

It looks intentional. I would never have guessed it wasn't supposed to be just as it is. Colors and design are very attractive. If you still don't like it - provided the fabric is still available - you could make a second set of blocks the other direction, make two quilts and sell one - it will pay for the cost of both!

There is a hundred ways to put together the log cabin block --now there's 101 ways !!

Blog Entries
    It looks like it's supposed to go that way--isn't it??? I'd either try rearranging for a different design, or sew it together as is. Either way it's perfect.

It looks fine. Its like a star. Testalations.

Okay-
    Went back and looked- First I love it.

Have you thought about making 2 rows with complete blocks amd then making one more section to finish the bottom log cabins?
    Just a thought

Looks great

Karen R..I am sorry..but I guess I am not sure what you are meaning. This is only 28 blocks out of 100 that is needed. I do love the looks, and the colors..but I saw another posters on here and I got to looking..and was like..well darn..mine does not match like that. So I did a search online..and waaa laaa..ha ha ha..because mine is different.. DH..told me exactly what I always tell him..finish and keep your mouth shut..and I bet your the only one that will ever know.

(whats the old saying..what goes around..comes around) ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Cherylsea
    You made a design decision to make yours this way - if anyone is rude enough to ask. The colors are great and I'll bet it looks wonderful when it is finished. I can never make a pattern to the pattern, then mine would look just like every other one...like anyone is ever going to line them up somewhere!!
    amen.

I think it looks great! If someone doesn't like it, or says something disrespectful about it - Then tell them, let me see you do it then! lol

Blog Entries
    What's wrong with it? I don't get it. Looks great to me, but then I haven't done a log cabin yet. And as far as I know - like everyone has said before me - IF YOU DON'T TELL THEY WON'T KNOW ;).

Blog Entries
    Will turning the blocks around make any difference? Doesn't matter, it still looks great! Quite unique...which is good!

Quote Originally Posted by mythreesuns
    I am doing a log cabin quilt, and I wanted to design it into the diamonds/stars look. Well I had no idea that there were different variations to this block. So now when I place them in the pattern for it, my two points at the top, bottom nor sides are equal height. So now what I can I do? People are going to think I was drinking while making this. Ha ha ha..I may need one now though.. ha ha ha To think..I was enjoying making this one and WAS having so much fun. I should have known it was to good to be true. ha ha ha

Blog Entries
    I had a cooking teacher in high school who told us we never made mistakes - we invented new dishes. I like to use that philosophy in my quilting too!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast