Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Helsinki Patio

Lovely....
    Retired teacher, loving it.
    Love quilting also.

All your choices- colors, patterns, batting, and quilting- come together to make a stunning modern quilt. Great job!

That quilt is super pretty. The black just makes all those yellows pop right out at you & makes me smile. My DD would love, love, love it. Yellow is her favorite color.

Blog Entries
    Cool quilt and fun quilting!

Leslie

Very pretty! Love the fabrics, colors, and design! And the backing is perfect!

Blog Entries
    Your quilt is beautiful. I see you are from Ohio. Did you go to Lunn Quilt shop. It is my favorite shop ever. Nothing but batiks. It is good for me that it is 2 hours away or I would be broke. They design their own batiks. Unfortunately their walk in store is closing soon. They will keep their Etsy shop open. Also if you have a few people coming they will open the shop for you if you call ahead.

Beautiful. Yellow is my favorite color. When I was a teenager, in Florida, I started a granny square afghan with yellow centers surrounded by black. Some of the first squares were about 4 inches. When I finished it about 7 years later some of the squares were 6 inches. My skills and consistency had improved. It was challenging to join and then crochet around. I was young and didn't realize that others would not necessarily see the imperfections. I threw it out on the trashpile. Several years later I was visiting the lady across the street and saw a black and yellow afghan in her rocking chair in her living room. I asked about it and she said, you were throwing it away and I thought it was so beautiful and we love it. Lesson learned. I still wouldn't have it in my house but happy she liked it.
    DON'T BREED OR BUY, WHILE SHELTER PETS DIE!
    "Each of us can only do the best we can for as many as we can and that will never be good enough for those of us who care!"

Awesome yellow patio quilt.
    Carol

Lovely color combinations. Very striking quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by copycat View Post
    Enjoy your lovely quilt. I like your quilting designs and the way the Dream Puff batting shows the designs so well.
    When I quilt with lofty batting, I have had pleating happen on the back. Did you find the Dream Puff easy to work with?
    Copy,

I didnít find it difficult to work with, and I use my long arm for quilting and have yet to ever have a pleat in the backing. That said, Iím working through all the batting I have acquired in an attempt to see how each one quilts up. I donít think Dream Puff will be on my regular rotation unless asked for a super warm yet lightweight quilt, not a fan of puffy batting. My favorite so far is a 80/20 blend, and I really dislike warm and natural.
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    Your quilt is beautiful. I see you are from Ohio. Did you go to Lunn Quilt shop. It is my favorite shop ever. Nothing but batiks. It is good for me that it is 2 hours away or I would be broke. They design their own batiks. Unfortunately their walk in store is closing soon. They will keep their Etsy shop open. Also if you have a few people coming they will open the shop for you if you call ahead.
    Meanmom,

Yes, I drive the 2.5 hours to Lunn Studios at least 3 or 4 times a year, I love Batiks and Michael & Debrah and their entire staff are so helpful and kind. It was heartbreaking to hear they were closing, but I certainly understand the need for balance in life. Yes, I was also told that I could call and schedule a time to come go shopping, and I guess I will set aside a chuck of change and a full day to go at least once year for my fix, but still sad that they won’t have regular hours.
    Lisa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2