Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Here is my Dear Jane quilt

I did both...some of the blocks I did by machine and many are done by hand. I found it much easier to do some of the complicated ones by hand.

I am planning on quilting it myself in the near future. I recently bought a quilting machine and a quilting frame is it's way to me now. After lots of practice I hope to quilt the DJ. I know I want a lot of quilting on it since it does have so many small pieces of fabrics and many were done by hand.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Blog Entries
    Very, very nice! Hard to believe you did all those little squares in ust 3 months! It is beautiful! And thanks for including a picture of the REAL Dear Jane for those of us who haven't seen it - or who forget what an amazing quilt it is.

great job. it is a piece of art

It's true! I even wrote down in my DJ book when I started which was in July 2004 and I was done with the ones I wanted to make in Sept. 2004. I wrote on the pages next to each block the date I made it. At that time I was in a few Civil War reproduction fabric swaps. That was fun trading fabrics and it sure did help add to my "collection" of choices. I still have a lot of the fabrics left over since it didn't take much of any of them to make a block.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Power Poster
    beautiful you did a great job!!!!
    QUILTNMO

I've had the book for years and even started cutting some out. Thought I could hand piece them in between other machine piecing. . . NOT!
    Still, I am inspired but you and others who have done the Dear Jane quilt.
    Congratulations!

Here is a better picture of it.

Name:  DSC01749.JPG
Views: 130
Size:  863.1 KB I am actually considering removing the border and making more blocks!! I have to see if I have more of the tone on tone cream that I used for the background fabric.

I still have a lot of Repro Civil War fabrics left over. I hope to do another cw quilt in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by nygal View Post
    Name:  DSC01749.JPG
Views: 130
Size:  863.1 KB I am actually considering removing the border and making more blocks!! I have to see if I have more of the tone on tone cream that I used for the background fabric.

Oh my, that is beautiful!

Very cool!
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

Power Poster
    WOW! That is gorgeous! I really like the borders!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4