Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
here is my new Viking >

here is my new Viking

here is my new Viking

Old 04-23-2010, 03:50 PM

I have this same machine.. mine is named ABBY.. Abigail She is my first viking and I LOVE HER! ENJOY

My husband built my extension table and I covered it with vinyl!! Works like a DREAM and he made me an extension for it so I can add another table to my set up an it alllllllll goes together. I had it all set up until I got a longarm and well now it is a little cramped in the room but HEY I am NOT COMPLAINING!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mary Ellen
My DH did without sodas or lunch at work for a great long while to buy me a sewing machine from a shop that was going out of business. Got me the floor model, so it did NOT come with an owners manual, or any lessons...what he brought home was all I got. He loved me so much, and had absolute faith that I could use any machine out there...Oh how this princess in the tower fell...

I had learned on an old treadle machine, side loading bobbin that looked and worked more like a shuttle, not round...you just popped it in, and went...hummed along so nice.

Imagine how fruserated I was at trying to figure out how an electric machine worked, and never did figure out that the reason it kept making knots under, was that I was not "threading the bobbin thread"...

So after about 10 years, I gave it away.
We moved to another country (Central America) shortly after I had given away my love gift...and the new neighbor had one just like it...and she knew the bobbin needed threading and had a real owners manual.

I had to sew by hand for several years, but he did buy me another machine...but this time from a shop that was staying open, and with all the lessons I wanted...

Still feel so dumb?
Personally, I feel like this is the gal who sould be wearing the dunce cap...or sign reading DUMMY.

Do I have to sign my name?
Do not feel dumb! I have to keep my machine manuals right next to me when I sew, and I've been sewing for 35+ years. Every machine works differently. I keep 2 sewing machines set up at all times, plus a serger and a coverstitch machine that I have never learned to use, even after having lessons, an embroidery machine and an Embellisher. Trust me, I need my manuals at all times! :XD: :XD:
Old 04-27-2010, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by adriansmom
I am looking at buying a new viking sometime soon. The local dealer is selling her shop, but will still be doing service/maintenance on the machines. The owners are wanting to mainly retire, but keep that part of the business. I am hoping to get a good deal on a embroidery/sewing machine...either new or used. I am hoping to be able to make it into the store this coming week. I really miss having the embroidery capabilities of my poor Bernina (RIP)...but I am in love with the new Kenmore sewing machine that was gifted to me to replace her. Sews beautifully..now if I could figure out how to attach the walking and darning foot!! Then, I would be a happy camper. Love your machine and good luck!

Cathy, when you sit in front of the machine, look to the left of the foot, where it is attached to the machine. There is a screw. If you remove that screw the foot comes out and you can attach the walking or darning foot using that same screw.

Maria