Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: High Fiber Food for Sherryl

Blog Entries
    Hi Sherryl,
    Here are pictures of the blocks. They need some bright sashing between them. I do machine applique using a satin stitch. Only quilting I can think of is waffle the cones, swirl the ice cream etc? Really make some soldier hungry!!

And the taco
    Name:  Attachment-138247.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  50.8 KB

NOT the fish, they are part of another quilt.
    Name:  Attachment-138248.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  56.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love the food. They are perfect. The fish quilt is gorgeous.

Blog Entries
    I love those food blocks and the fish scene is beautiful :D:D:D

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Great food and fish!! :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by applique
    Hi Sherryl,
    Here are pictures of the blocks. They need some bright sashing between them. I do machine applique using a satin stitch. Only quilting I can think of is waffle the cones, swirl the ice cream etc? Really make some soldier hungry!!
    Debbie,

Thanks for posting the pictures here so I can see them. I can do custom quilting on these without any problem. And as I mentioned before since this is for Jan in VA with her soldier quilt project I will custom quilt it for free. I do many for American Hero quilts and I would love to do this one for you and Jan for the soldiers. You can send it to me anytime, before or after Christmas either way is fine for me. I don't really think I will be doing much this holiday season since I don't feel right since my dad past away last Christmas Eve. So doing another soldier quilt around then I am sure he would approve.

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Awesome pics!

Mmmm, delicious!

Blog Entries
    You are really tempting with the foods and the fishes!

wow I really like these quilts. alot of work there. That ice cream cone looks so inviting. mmmmm. Nice job.

Blog Entries
    great job, thanks for sharing with all of us

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Debbie! THIS is what you're sending me?! WOWWOWWOW!!! When you said a food quilt I had a vision of one of our guys chowing down on his quilt, but this...? He'll be protecting it too much to have time to eat it. :D

How ever will they decide who gets this for his bed for night time dreams? LOL!

And Sherryl, you do the most amazing work; I am blessed to be getting the chance to see one of yours up close and personal soon, and to share it with these precious men.

COOL!

Jan in VA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candlequilter
    Hi Sherryl,
    Debbie,

Thanks for posting the pictures here so I can see them. I can do custom quilting on these without any problem. And as I mentioned before since this is for Jan in VA with her soldier quilt project I will custom quilt it for free. I do many for American Hero quilts and I would love to do this one for you and Jan for the soldiers. You can send it to me anytime, before or after Christmas either way is fine for me. I don't really think I will be doing much this holiday season since I don't feel right since my dad past away last Christmas Eve. So doing another soldier quilt around then I am sure he would approve.

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Thanks Sherryl,
    I'll get it in the mail to you this week. Please PM the address and have fun with it.
    Debbie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    Debbie! THIS is what you're sending me?! WOWWOWWOW!!! When you said a food quilt I had a vision of one of our guys chowing down on his quilt, but this...? He'll be protecting it too much to have time to eat it. :D

And Sherryl, you do the most amazing work; I am blessed to be getting the chance to see one of yours up close and personal soon, and to share it with these precious men.

COOL!

Jan in VA
    This is the foodie quilt. Someone on the board did a real cute cupcake quilt and I just had to make one too. Then the ice cream, then the burger. Looks like I'll have three quilts by the time I'm done. A nice break from the the usual detailed stuff. I figure they might hoist it in the mess hall for inspiration!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA

COOL!

Jan in VA
    This is the foodie quilt. Someone on the board did a real cute cupcake quilt and I just had to make one too. Then the ice cream, then the burger. Looks like I'll have three quilts by the time I'm done. A nice break from the the usual detailed stuff. I figure they might hoist it in the mess hall for inspiration!
    Debbie,

They won't have it in the mess hall but they will all be having dreams about it. When my daughter was in the Navy she always wanted me to send her care packages with food in it. Any kind of meat like canned chicken, or shrimp, or crab and anything with real meat. Plus anything in individual serving size because they only had food in bulk and it didn't stay fresh at all and bugs would get in it. She said the stuff they served them there on the aircraft carrier was horrible, worse grade than what they serve in the prisons. Your quilt will be a huge hit.

PMing my address to you.

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

Very nice.

Blog Entries
    you sure are nice. I think its' great the soldiers know we appreciate them. The guild I belong to gives hero quilts also. I know they love em.

Those blocks are great!!