Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Hooked on Mug Rugs? >

Hooked on Mug Rugs?

Hooked on Mug Rugs?

Old 06-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mama8c
You do seem to be really into the Mug Rugs and yours are beautiful. I failed to take pics of them, but I recently made a good quilting friend 12 mug rugs for her birthday. One for each month of the year; i.e. Valentines, 4th of July, her birthday month. It was fun trying to come up with different themes for each month.
Great idea!
I'm on a mission to create Mug Rugs for everyone at Christmas dinner. Then roll them up and tie with a ribbon, and place at each plate instead of a Christmas Cracker that's usually filled with nothing but junk! They can each have a surprise as to what they get, and will be a conversation piece no doubt!
Old 06-30-2011, 11:29 AM

Sounds like a great idea. I have plenty of really pretty scraps that would work really good so maybe I will get busy this week-end. I have a 4 day week-end and that should keep me busy. I need to make a list of everyone for starters. I also want to make a set of pot pinchers and the wrap around towl to go with them.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:48 AM

I love the quilt in your picture and I would love to visit Canada. I'll bet it is nice & Cool here. We are having a severe drout and record high temperatures here in Texas there won't even be fire works on the 4th except in controlled areas which is good.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sguillot
I love the quilt in your picture and I would love to visit Canada. I'll bet it is nice & Cool here. We are having a severe drout and record high temperatures here in Texas there won't even be fire works on the 4th except in controlled areas which is good.
Are you talking to me?
If you'd like a better look at the quilt, see Page 2 of this thread ....
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-112573-1.htm

As for our Canadian weather, it's variable depending on where you are in Canada. Just as the USA variations! Despite what many think, we do not have snow and ice year round! And it does get hot here. If you're anywhere near familiar, I am NW of Toronto, or for those that know Niagara Falls, about a 2 hr drive from there.

Today it's a little cooler and a lovely day at about 23C. I could take this all summer. Though the bad knews is that it;s going to get much hotter and then by Saturday it'll be 29C with a humidex that makes it feel like 39C!! YES, 39C. (Note Celsius, not Fahrenheit!)

Make plans to come on up and check out Canada!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Muv

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO
Thank you quilting.addict. Being Englisdh not heard of them before.
No, nor me. Probably better known as table mats or place mats here. Very pretty, great quick project. Definitely on my list of things to do. Why not make a tea cosy to match, or is that too English?
Old 06-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Muv
Originally Posted by DOTTYMO
Thank you quilting.addict. Being Englisdh not heard of them before.
No, nor me. Probably better known as table mats or place mats here. Very pretty, great quick project. Definitely on my list of things to do. Why not make a tea cosy to match, or is that too English?
Mug Rugs are merely mini-placemats or overgrown coasters. The idea is that you can put your mug and a treat on the same protector.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:03 PM

Quite cute, Jeannie. I need to make some of these. The iced tea glasses are "sweating" all over the place now that hot weather has arrived. :o) Like I really need something else to do while my poor projects hang on my design wall!!
Old 06-30-2011, 02:28 PM

I love making mug rugs, too. I discovered that very same tute and made it up. Yours are great.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:41 PM

Very pretty.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:05 PM

Very cute!!