Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Hopefully  more of Tricky"s pics >

Hopefully more of Tricky"s pics

Hopefully more of Tricky"s pics

Old 07-17-2008, 02:59 AM

Location: Living the dream. Part of the year in the east and part of the year in the west

These are the pics I tried to send earlier
Trompe d'oiel with me in the bottom left corner, Chateau Fronenac and the oldest house in Quebec City.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-47428.jpe   attachment-47480.jpe   attachment-47481.jpe  
Old 07-17-2008, 03:45 AM

Fantastic pictures! Thanks for posting them!

As you must know by now, Québec city is celebrating its 400th anniversary this year. Samuel de Champlain founded the city in 1608!!
So many things to do when visiting Québec!!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:51 AM

Bonjour Madame,
Ma mere a venue de la ville de Quebec, elle etai neu (born?) en Beauport, Quebec. Depuis le temps que j'etais 9ans -15 ans j'ai faits mes vacances en les montangnes avec s'famille. Ma grandpere, Mr Adrian Montrieul avait une manufacture qui s'apple Vatel Sous vetements. Ma famille son tous parte a cette temps, mais ca fait ma couer bien de fait votre conasance.
Ok that is all the french I can muster for now! My mother took me many times to the Chateau Frontenac, her brother used to play Bass for the band at night there.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:55 PM

Location: Living the dream. Part of the year in the east and part of the year in the west

Not bad on the French--I wouldn't have tried in a public forum although I do email with my cousin in France and practice my French on her.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:57 PM

This is really a great trip!!! Love the pics!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 03:20 PM

Just beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing with us!! They look like lovely paintings!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:55 PM

Mfre42day, I agree with Tricky, not bad on the French, considering the period of time that you did not practice. I congratulate you for making the effort and thank you for the desire to communicate in another language..I appreciate very very much.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:10 PM

You have no idea! LOL I only get to speak french on a rare occaision when I accidentally run into someone who I accidentally over hear speaking in French. 1970 is the last time I even laid eyes on any of my mother's family who spoke french...For crying out loud I just realized that's been nearly 40 years! I forget how old I really am sometimes :oops:. Anyway, I took French throughout High school and so did my oldest daughter so I really haven't written it near as much...Sometimes I panic when I talk with people from France I can still hear my mother's voice telling me "tu parle le Francais des habitants!" I didn't know that only meant farmers french I thought it was something horrible when I was little! She's gone now and so are my grandparents but it's a gift I'll have until I go to meet with them. I'm very grateful for it too!
Old 07-17-2008, 11:20 PM

"Not bad on the French--I wouldn't have tried in a public forum..."

Hi Tricky! Hope you weren't offended by my attempt...I just get so danged excited whenever I know someone might understand my second language. On this site I'm comfrtable with about anything, ok I do have limits 8)
Old 07-18-2008, 02:52 AM

Not offended at all actually quite pleased--It is a gift to speak more than one language even if we don't get to use it often-I am very lucky I was raised with three and they opened many doors for me. Kee p practicing whenever you can.