Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
How can I use these coasters? >

How can I use these coasters?

How can I use these coasters?

Old 07-25-2011, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
I wouldn't cut them, I'd unsew them. This will give you whatever seam allowance was used in the first place. As far as getting rid of the 'something' in the center, it's probably the stableizer used for the embroidery. you can clip it close to the embroidery, but can't really remove all of it.
I've already started cutting them. I'm not on especially friendly terms with "Ralph the Ripper" and the seams are about 1/16" of an inch, anyway. It is a stabilizer so I will clip it close. I'll post when I've figured out how to put it together. Right now, I'm thinking it might be a good item for a fund raiser. I'm active in rescue for this breed and I think it would be well received.

Thanks, everyone, for the input.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Seeing that you have said they aren't quilted ......... what about cutting off the edge and making them back into blocks.

That way you'd have the front embroidered design and you'd get rid of the bulk in the centre. Plus the backing fabric (which I'm guessing is the same as the front?) would give you blocks to use in your project.
I had something like that and just chopped off the edges and used the blocks in a quilt
Old 07-25-2011, 02:32 PM

Those are cute. Sew them together into a table runner