Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
How do you back this type of quilt? >

How do you back this type of quilt?

How do you back this type of quilt?

Old 01-09-2011, 06:43 AM

I made my GS an I spy quilt with this type of edge. Admittedly the squares are bigger but I just finished with binding as per normal. It posed a bit of thinking to work out how to do reverse corners but I practiced first with a sampler.

This is the blocks laid out before it was sewn up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]156454[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-156449.jpe  
Old 01-09-2011, 09:23 AM

Katesnana, I love your I spy quilt. It looks like such fun for the little one, but maybe a lot of work for you. I also made one for my GS, but mine was a rag quilt. I alternated the picture prints with various shades of recycled blue denim on both sides. I'd saved every novelty print I could find from the time my son got married until they finally had the baby 13 years later, and then bought some more on eBay. The bucking bronco on your quilt occurs in mine, too, and maybe a few others. Just looking at yours makes me hope we'll have another grandchild. Wasn't it fun to make?

Many thanks to all who have responded to my topic so far. You've given me several ideas to experiment with.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:56 PM

I did have fun making this but didn't use a fraction of the novelty prints I had collected over the years. I made this for him to look at and find things while my daughter feed his little sister. He hadn't started school then so it couldn't be I Spy but is now.
No it wasn't a lot of work but that wouldn't matter as he is the Sunshine of my life.