Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: How observant am I???

I don't think most people notice the mistakes. I sent my last quilt to the quilter and she had it laying on her machine to start quilting and her 10 year old son found a block that was put on sideways!! Not me and not the quilter but her son. By the way he is also a quilter.

I really had to look very hard to find the "flaw" but I think that makes the quilt charming and very personal :-D :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    Or you could tell anyone that asks that is how you knew it was the bottom of the star :thumbup: Love it
    Wow, I didn't see it at all until I read Sharon's post. After finding it, I think it looks like the star is on a frame or something like that. It looks like it's meant to be that way. It's a beautiful quilt!

New York State, but I will always be Canadian!
    Quote Originally Posted by GladGrams
    For those of us who couldn't find it, I am thinking it is the green point to the left of the bottom pink point.

Am I right? :oops:
    yep! Three years I've been looking at this thing! ah...I love it anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by RatherB Quilting
    So I finished this mariners compass about three years ago. It's been framed and hanging above our tv for about two years. The other night I was absent-mindedly looking at it, and it dawned on me that one point is backwards...danggit!
    took me a couple of minutes to see it my self.had to go around with my eyes an almost still didn't catch it but it's still a assum quilt

Banned
    Blog Entries
    that is beautiful. I would leave alone. I had to look for the mistake. I would have never noticed if you did not point it out. thank you for sharing this beautiful piece of art. God bless. Penny

Beautiful mariner's compass!! If we had to look that hard and it took you 2 yrs. to find it, leave it alone!!!

My grandmother always flipped a square upside down on her quilts, she said that only God was perfect, so she would always make a mistake on her quilts so that it wouldn't be perfect. Pretty cheeky lady, if you ask me!

Beautiful quilt, had to look to find it and would have never seen it if you hadn't mentioned it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4