Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • I Dare You!..... >
  • I Dare You!.....

• I Dare You!.....

Old 06-02-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
    Originally Posted by HapaMom
    Okay, so I took the dare .... the reason you have to stand on your head in this area is b/c that's the ONLY way I can find anything!!! This is my part of the living room ... when we move I get my OWN Quilting Room and you WON'T have to stand on your head to find anything!
    Very cute!!! I'm impressed you can stand on your head! What will you do when everything is right side up?
    :lol: Nonnie, that's actually my oldest daughter. I asked her to get something for me and she said, "I can't find it" so I said, "Well stand on your head then and see if you can" :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 06-02-2010, 11:22 AM

WOW See I love learning something New Everyday. Thanks for the Info!! See all you need to do is ask. I'm a little embarassed now but I'll get over it :oops: Life Happens
    Old 06-02-2010, 11:49 AM

This is the best thread! I have laughed and laughed... why you ask? My daughter is a ... what I call her a OCD organizer and she gets so mad at my sewing room. I keep telling her its a sign of a creative person but she wouldn't believe me. I sent her this thread lol.
    Old 06-02-2010, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by LindaR
    the one thing I've noticed with some of the sewing rooms, is that the sewing machines are crowded in with things all the way around...that would drive me nuts, I need room, lots of room, left side, back ,with pin cusion on the right.
    I don't have alot on my sewing table expect ruler caddy, and bucket with tools in...just MHO
    I'd love to not have to work with three machines on the table but for now I have to make what space I have work. Once we move, things will be a bit different. My sewing room right now has a sliding glass door so I lose a wall right there and only half of a closet (the furnance is in the other half). I'm keeping positive thoughts we get an offer soon, I just can't stand to stay quite this "show" tidy.
    Old 06-02-2010, 05:09 PM

I have truly enjoyed going through each page,, but question for you ladies,,, ok,, we women think men are more messy than we r,,, so,, explain to me how Eddies area is clean,,and some of the others are,,, how do we say it,,, nicely,, welll,,,, "cluttered"...lol Just asking my friends,, and to know that you can work, and create beautiful peices from there,, wow,,amazes me!!!! But I loved getting a peek into all of your rooms!!! I can not wait to get home and have one for me!!!! I hope I did not make anyone upset,, :cry:
    Old 06-02-2010, 05:14 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by mrsdralshhadeh
    I have truly enjoyed going through each page,, but question for you ladies,,, ok,, we women think men are more messy than we r,,, so,, explain to me how Eddies area is clean,,and some of the others are,,, how do we say it,,, nicely,, welll,,,, "cluttered"...lol Just asking my friends,, and to know that you can work, and create beautiful peices from there,, wow,,amazes me!!!! But I loved getting a peek into all of your rooms!!! I can not wait to get home and have one for me!!!! I hope I did not make anyone upset,, :cry:
    You didn't upset me cuz I keep my room fairly tidy too. :thumbup:
    As far as Eddie goes well I think all the quilts he shows he goes out and buys them and never messes up his room. ;-) I'm just kidding Eddie!!!!! Lmao! I'm kidding! I'm kidding!!!!
    Old 06-02-2010, 05:29 PM

I'm game, I don't make any secret that I'm kind of sloppy...

Design wall
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]77761[/ATTACH]

storage/pressing aera
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]77762[/ATTACH]

mags, scraps odds & ends
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]77763[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-77756.jpe   attachment-77757.jpe   attachment-77758.jpe  
    Old 06-02-2010, 05:42 PM

Hey, that's a really nice quilt top on your design wall!!!
    Old 06-02-2010, 05:43 PM

I must admit...I enjoy coming here each day and seeing what new pics have been added..and the funny comments...lol.

But, I notice a lot of you look like you have a kind of folding table/trestle as your sewing table. I don't know what you call them in various parts - but I'm refering to what I can see in vjengels pics above (with the filing cabinent under it). I've thought about getting one when I get my sewing room and just wondered how stable they are to sew on. I looked at one here at a camping store and it felt quite shaky. Maybe your's are all a little more solid - or maybe it doesn't create a problem at all.
    Old 06-02-2010, 05:46 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by miss_ticky2
    I must admit...I enjoy coming here each day and seeing what new pics have been added..and the funny comments...lol.

But, I notice a lot of you look like you have a kind of folding table/trestle as your sewing table. I don't know what you call them in various parts - but I'm refering to what I can see in vjengels pics above (with the filing cabinent under it). I've thought about getting one when I get my sewing room and just wondered how stable they are to sew on. I looked at one here at a camping store and it felt quite shaky. Maybe your's are all a little more solid.
    I think the heavy duty folding tables would work ok but I used a cheaper lighter one at one time and it vibrated all over the room. Now I have one that hubs made out of 2 x 6's. It don't budge. :lol: