I DID it!!:D I made a Bow Tucks Bag!! >

I DID it!!:D I made a Bow Tucks Bag!!

I DID it!!:D I made a Bow Tucks Bag!!

Old 03-27-2010, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by wendiq
Originally Posted by bourvel
Originally Posted by SulaBug
Hello Everyone,
I just finished making my first Bow Tucks Bag & I have to say that I am pretty proud of it, too!! :D It was such a fun pattern to make & not nearly as hard, as I thought it could have been. Hope you like it..............ENJOY!!
:D :D :D :D
I've just received my pattern and I have a question regarding the Pellon 9987F Fusible Fleece, how thick is it ? I just cannot find it around here and I'm wandering what else I could use.
thank for your help
It's about as thick as "craft batt". It just ads some support to the pocket so that it isn't limp. I think regular batt would not be supportive enough, but maybe you could use W&N....not sure.
Thanks for the tip, I finally found the fusible fleece and just about to sew my bag, but I don't quite can figure out how to make the front pocket, the instructions are not clear to me, first how to make the constrasting trim and is the fusible fleece only half the size of the pocket as they say to fold in half, I just don't get it, can anyone help please
Old 03-27-2010, 11:30 AM

Yes, the fusible fleece is only half the pocket so that when it is folded in half, it won't be too thick. Does this answer your question? If not, ask more and either I or Sulabug will answer....:)
Old 03-27-2010, 11:51 AM

You're so nice, yes and I did finally used my brain and it worked just fine, I pinned and basted first to make sure to get it right and it came how nice. I fuse the front and back pieced and also the lining pieces, I find it quite thick to be sewn together but I guess that's the way it's done. I will post a picture when I'm done.
thanks again for your help
Old 03-27-2010, 12:37 PM

Bourvel,

Hi there, I just sent you a PM, hoping to help you out making your purse pocket!! Good Luck & do keep us posted. I can't wait to see your finished bag!!
:D :D :D
Old 03-27-2010, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by wendiq
Yes, the fusible fleece is only half the pocket so that when it is folded in half, it won't be too thick. Does this answer your question? If not, ask more and either I or Sulabug will answer....:)
wendig,

Thank you for answering her question!! :thumbup: You just happened to be faster than I was, but that's a good thing. Aren't these bags the cutest things to make. I sure love mine!!
Cheryl
Old 03-27-2010, 02:30 PM

Your purse is nice, love the colors and would like to try this pattern maybe,
Old 03-27-2010, 03:13 PM

Hi Cheryl.......This was a fun purse to make, but like so many of these patterns....not always the easiest to figure out. I've had some doosies.....One in particular was the La Borsa.....have you made that one? I love the finished bag, but the instructions were a head scratcher...:)
Old 03-31-2010, 08:02 AM

Here's finally my Bow Tucks Bag, thanks to Sulabug and Wendiq help. It's a bit tricky to have the lines matched but I'm quite please with the results. I have to finish the bottom and I was wandering if I sew it before putting the bottom piece.
Thanks again for your help girls

Bow Tucks Tote Bag
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38775[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-38775.jpe  
Old 03-31-2010, 08:11 AM

I LIKE your plaid.....I'll bet it was hard to match, but looks like you did a super job!! Glad Sulabug and I were of help to you......thanks for sharing too :-D
Old 03-31-2010, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by bourvel
Here's finally my Bow Tucks Bag, thanks to Sulabug and Wendiq help. It's a bit tricky to have the lines matched but I'm quite please with the results. I have to finish the bottom and I was wandering if I sew it before putting the bottom piece.
Thanks again for your help girls
I LOVE it!! :thumbup: It's beautfiul, you have done a great job making your bag. Congratulations!!