Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I don't have enough room for all my stuff in my new room!!! >

I don't have enough room for all my stuff in my new room!!!

I don't have enough room for all my stuff in my new room!!!

Old 03-10-2011, 06:39 AM

I have rewritten this note about ten times not wanting to offend. But why is everyone collecting/hording fabric? Unless you are pumping out ten quilts a month why would you need to have fabric sit on a shelf for years and years? Wouldn't you rather see that fabric being used by someone else into a grogeous quilt? Why not get the fabric you need for a quilt you are really ready to make and then after a time use up the scraps for a scrap quilt....just asking and really wondering? Please don't take offence I guess I want to know the reason for continually buying fabric if your production percentage does not keep up with fabric coming in.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Frankie
I have rewritten this note about ten times not wanting to offend. But why is everyone collecting/hording fabric? Unless you are pumping out ten quilts a month why would you need to have fabric sit on a shelf for years and years? Wouldn't you rather see that fabric being used by someone else into a grogeous quilt? Why not get the fabric you need for a quilt you are really ready to make and then after a time use up the scraps for a scrap quilt....just asking and really wondering? Please don't take offence I guess I want to know the reason for continually buying fabric if your production percentage does not keep up with fabric coming in.
Lol...because it's fun!!! I don't drink and don't go out, so I have to do something for myself. I like to have alot so I have choices when I do quilt. I don't have stores close to just run and get what I want whenever. It's an hour to my lqs. I'd be running there all the time and you figure the gas price with my mileage and it costs me about $8 to drive there and back.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Motorcyclemad
First mistake is trying to fit it all in one room! Each hobby deserves its own room. Right now I have 3 craft rooms and a computer room! It is a good thing I live alone!!! :twisted:
Lol, my house is so not big enough!!! I'd have to wait until the kids move out.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:38 PM

It will fall in place in time. Looks great! Better get everyone involved making quilts to make more room.

Have fun!