Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I FINISHED IT!!! Christmas gift... >

I FINISHED IT!!! Christmas gift...

I FINISHED IT!!! Christmas gift...

Old 12-22-2009, 12:23 PM

I'm sure it made you feel good to make the quilt for her and someday she will let you know she loves it. nice job
Old 12-22-2009, 01:30 PM

Its beautiful. Great job for your first quilt! I'm in the process (read procrastination) of finishing my first quilt for my (30 yr old) daughter. It's daunting.

You made it with lots of love, and that love will be what that child knows when she cuddles with that quilt. Its a work of art and she WILL appreciate it - afterall, she appreciated the box it came in! :wink:

And yes, this is the perfect place to get the accolades you deserve for all the hard work.

Good job - what is your next project???? :lol:
Old 12-22-2009, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by MarthaVA
Its beautiful. Great job for your first quilt! I'm in the process (read procrastination) of finishing my first quilt for my (30 yr old) daughter. It's daunting.

You made it with lots of love, and that love will be what that child knows when she cuddles with that quilt. Its a work of art and she WILL appreciate it - afterall, she appreciated the box it came in! :wink:

And yes, this is the perfect place to get the accolades you deserve for all the hard work.

Good job - what is your next project???? :lol:
I gave myself a deadline for completion- or it would be a UFO as they're called. Otherwise I'm the biggest procrastinator as well.

:):):) I hope she feels it!

WELL. I don't know what my next project will be. My sister said one of her daughters (7yr old) needs a quilt for her bed, so that might be it... But then again it might be nursery bedding... lol!! (Which, BTW, would be a miracle if I got prego because I'm on a 3 year BC... so it would probably not happen. I'm not going to hold my breath. ...But you never know I guess!!)
I don't know yet. I need to get my spare room organized so that I can put all my sewing stuff in there instead of it sitting all over my dining room, then I will hopefully have a home for my new stash :D:D and I'll be able to look it all over. From the new stash I have lots of project in mind, just need to be able to get them all out and look at the fabric.

Besides quilting, I have plans for lots of scarves, a fleece blanket for same Baby as above (for her 2nd birthday in April, to match the quilt), doll bedding that matches the quilt above for her as well... As I'm saying all this, I'm thinking I should go with the other niece!!! lol!
Old 12-22-2009, 03:44 PM

:) That is a wonderful job and you should be proud
Old 12-22-2009, 07:33 PM

Beautiful quilt for a beautiful little girl!!!! I understand how you felt with the reactions you got. My dad made quilts for all his grandchildren. I was so glad he wasn't there to see my two older boys open theirs. (they were about 7 and 10 at the time). I wasn't quilting then, but as a seamstress, I knew how much time and work my dad put into them. As the boys grew older, they grew to appreciate the love my dad put into those quilts. They are now 25 and 28, and still have, and still use those quilts. Your neice will also discover what a gift of love you have given her.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:06 AM

deedles215, you did a great job. Congratulations on your beautiful and hard work. At least we know how much work and planning went into it.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:35 PM

I made a small quilt for a great grand baby, parents said thank you, but he can not get to this quilt quick enough when he sees it. That is what counts for me. I had folks tell me they would only hang it up and not let him use it. I am so thankful they do let him have it because he is who I made it for. I am going to try and find a picture and post tomorrow. This is a beautiful quilt you have done. Be Proud.