Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I Got My New Sewing Machine!!! >

I Got My New Sewing Machine!!!

I Got My New Sewing Machine!!!

Old 06-10-2010, 07:26 AM
Banned

congratulations on your new toy, and I love your block. thank you for sharing and God bless. Penny
Old 06-10-2010, 07:29 AM

Very nice. Almost like mine but with some extra goodies :)
Old 06-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Power Poster

Oh I wish I had known you were going to order the foot, I would have said save your money :? ReRe here told me how to adjust the needle so using the feet that came with the machine you get the 1/4 and scant 1/4 :thumbup:

I get my bobbins from WalMart also :wink:

I have this taped to my machine now :

DO NOT pick a stitch number
Regular 1/4 "
Use the N foot with Stitch length at 2.5
And the bottom number at 7.0

Scant 1/4"

Use J foot and same settings as above
Old 06-10-2010, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Oh I wish I had known you were going to order the foot, I would have said save your money :? ReRe here told me how to adjust the needle so using the feet that came with the machine you get the 1/4 and scant 1/4 :thumbup:

I get my bobbins from WalMart also :wink:

I have this taped to my machine now :

DO NOT pick a stitch number
Regular 1/4 "
Use the N foot with Stitch length at 2.5
And the bottom number at 7.0

Scant 1/4"

Use J foot and same settings as above
I Knew It! I should of posted on here before ordering. I looked in the Buy, Sell, and Trade part to see if anyone had the foot but I didn't see one, so I just ordered it. I ordered the foot and 25 bobbins....$32.99 with the shipping! That'll teach me! It's not your fault, but thank you very much for this information. I'm going to have to see how much it would cost me to return that stuff. I called the Wal Mart here to see if they carried Brother SA156 bobbins and they said no. What kind do you buy? Thanks.
Marilyn
Old 06-10-2010, 01:38 PM

Be careful where you buy your bobbins. I bought some for my Pfaff at JoAnn's and my machine ended up in the shop and 2 of my bobbins from JoAnn's had major cracks in them and were unusable. The repairman phoned me and asked me to bring in my bobbins so he could check them out as the machine was fine but he suspected I had defective bobbins. He went through all 15 that I had and ONLY the ones I bought fromthe Pfaff dealer did NOT have cracks in them. Every single one from JoAnn's had at least one or more crack in them for some odd reason - not all bobbins are made equal evidently.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:53 PM

OOOOh, Aaaaah, great new baby! She's adorable and so talented! Great block!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Old 06-10-2010, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by grammypatty7
Be careful where you buy your bobbins. I bought some for my Pfaff at JoAnn's and my machine ended up in the shop and 2 of my bobbins from JoAnn's had major cracks in them and were unusable. The repairman phoned me and asked me to bring in my bobbins so he could check them out as the machine was fine but he suspected I had defective bobbins. He went through all 15 that I had and ONLY the ones I bought fromthe Pfaff dealer did NOT have cracks in them. Every single one from JoAnn's had at least one or more crack in them for some odd reason - not all bobbins are made equal evidently.
Thank you Patty!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Power Poster

I just go into my Walmart and in the sewing area they are hanging on the wall. They don't have a number on them , but they are original brother bobbins.

Hey Don't feel bad, I bought the foot also and still couldn't get the 1/4" was having an awful time and ReRe jumped in and helped me .

This board is awesome for all the information you can get
Old 06-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Power Poster

congratulations on your beautiful machine. I love a Brother. Happy sewing - looks like you and it collaborated on some gorgeous looking blocks.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:15 PM

Congratulations on your new machine. Isn't it exciting? I had always wanted a nice machine and my Mother would tell me to be patient. One day I would be able to get one. When she died she left me enough money to buy a nice Brother sewinq/embroidery machine as well as a Bernette serger. I actually had enough money to put a good payment toward a Gammill long arm - not the super duper computerized one...but I was still a very happy and grateful person. Every time I enjoy my beautiful machines, I remember my Mom's gift. Still brings tears to my eyes.

Your quilt square is beautiful and the colors are so interesting. You sure put that great machine to good use. Can't wait to see the finished product.