Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I love you baby

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    OMG! That is beautiful! You just kinda made that pattern up? I'm super impressed! I think you should do a tutorial on that because I know lots of people would like to make something as fabulous as this (I know I would!)! Great job!!!
    I agree it is beautiful. I for one would like to see a tutorial on how to make it. I was just ask a couple of days ago to make a heart quilt for our 2012 America Heart Walk for September. Had no idea what to make and think this would be great for the cause. Please Please do a tut.

I was so busy admiring I quilt I missed the kitty in the picture.

This is really so sweet.

that is really beautiful.. you did a great job... thanks for sharing... and how kind of you...

Blog Entries
    HI ANA...

What a nice job you did with that. I'd have thought I'd died and gone to heaven if anyone ever made a quilt for one of my babies, all those many years ago. I really love the job you did. It sure is pretty, and looks like such a lot of work with those 2 1/2 inch squares. YIKES.

Thanks for posting it so I got to see it. I have a blasted cold or something today. Stopped up and also drippy nose and sore throat. HATE THAT WHEN IT HAPPENS. Hope it doesn't get worse and affect the bad lungs.

Enjoyed seeing the posting.

VIckey S.

Oh is that cool. I love the way you bordered it out and the colors, oh let's face it I love everything about it
    DEB CAVAN

Very cute. She'll be thrilled. What a nice thing to do.

Blog Entries
    That is beautiful and you have a big heart. It was real sweet of you to do that. I too have made friends from the games. I don't play games anymore but I still keep in touch with a few of them. I used to play Farm Town all the time, lol. No time anymore for games, lol. Spend a lot of time on here reading the posts. Love this Group!!!
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    i love it would you be willing to post the pattern i would love to make it. love heart patterns thank you

Turn head sideways
    Name:  anastasia-u76881-albums17346-342991.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  106.1 KB
    This is graph paper.. my wonderful wonderful friend. I'm afraid of tiny things so I made 1 square = 1". So you can get your measurements by counting, and of course adding your 1/2". Then I popped a background strip all around. I squared this center piece up at 24"x24" (don't ask me why.. it's just that it was already really close to that size)

The border around it FINISHED at 3/4" uhmm.. I'm not sure what size it was before.. 1.25? I think I cut it 1-1/2" and squared it down to 1" after I sewed it on, then of course that ate up another 1/4" when the geese were put on.

For the geese, I made 3.5" squares of white and the colored fabrics. I sewed 1/4" on either side of the diagonal.. cut apart.. sew back together. They were finished size of 2.5"x5" and there is 12 per side. In order to get it to wrap like that, on 2 sides you leave off the bottom 2 geese.. Sew these to the end of the intersecting ends. 2 sideways geese is equal to the length of one forward goose. Because a goose is 1/2 the width in height.

So then the border on the outside and between the geese and the "ribbon" top is 2" finished, so 2.5" strips. First I did the border between the geese and the ribbon border. Then after I got the ribbon border on I did the sides first, then the top/bottom with the final black border they are also 2" finished size. Mainly because I wanted to make sure I had enough to make one LONG border and not a pieced border. Success!

Now the hard part. The ribbons. I did these wrong.. not sure if you can tell. well I did them right, but my math for them was wrong. Somewhere in the figuring out the sizes I ended up about 2" short. According to quilterscache.com which is where I got the pattern, you figure out the finished size of the block you want.. it's a HST with 2 QST. Then you make a square that's 7/8" bigger than the finished size.. cut it in half diagonally.. that's 2 of those blocks. Then you take another square of both the white and the darker color (the squares) and you make that 1-1/4" bigger than the finished block.. and you cut them diagonally both ways so you have 4 blocks out of those. Then you sew the QST.. the smaller triangles, to each other. Keep an eye on your bias, it's easy to get lost. To make sure I didn't repeatedly sew them the wrong way, I kept my dark color on top of my white, and I put my 90degree corner towards my needle. So the long edge of the triangle was facing toward me and to the left. Press those open, and then sew them to the HST. Then you have to line these up alternatingly so that it forms the squares and ribbons. I had to lay them out and pick them up 2 at a time.

So I think I did my math wrong on my finished size expectation cause I cut it accordingly but ended up short so I cut some 2" bars and stuffed them on the end that was a ribbon and not a square. If that made sense. Look close, you'll see it.
    The link for the instructions for that is here : http://www.quilterscache.com/P/PyramidBorder.html

If you have any questions I'll be glad to help.
    Last edited by Anastasia; 08-17-2012 at 08:08 PM.
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Blog Entries
    LOVE it!!!!...you should share the pattern

very pretty

It's finished!!! my mom quilted it for me, she does handquilting. She used pink thread so you can't see it at alllllllll.. hahaha. but it's done
    Name:  quilt front.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  82.8 KB
    Name:  quilt back.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  95.3 KB
    So on the back, I did actually do 2 borders but the second border basically was just the right size to be binding for both sides and not much bigger.
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

SWEET!! love it, sew nice!! thanks for sharing Ana.
    katz

Very pretty, and nice job!

Turned out lovely, great job and thank you for sharing, I like your little inspector in the pic. LOL
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Power Poster
    Looks fantastic! Great job!

Great job! I hope she loved it!

Beautiful quilt. Cute kitty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2