Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I often don't use patterns. >

I often don't use patterns.

I often don't use patterns.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:30 AM

Default I often don't use patterns.

I tend to not use a pattern or set block design at times just doing whatever the fabric tells me as I work with it. Especially when I use panels.

The attached quilts are all ones I've completed in the last 6 months. I realized when posting that I tend to not remember to take a picture of a finished quilt as I'm usually anxious to give it to the intendee. So several of these are in different stages. The first two are for the doctor I work with kids, picture taked before I had flipped the binding to the back. The boys is hundreds of animals fussy cut- then I wanted to depict the sky, forest and ground. Quilted stitch in the ditch for the animals, around the trees and pebbles in the ground on the last border . The girls quilt is a fairy panel that I used companion fabrics to cut up and design the border blocks and the portion that covers the pillows. Both of these are quilted on my domestic machine went around all of the design on the fairy panel. The kids and their parents were in awe that I did it for them but I've pretty much become part of their family so it was worth the work.

I follow the galloping horse rule when it comes to the quilting- I am improving on each one.

The owl quilt was a pattern from a magazine - I couldn't resist hanging one of them upside down. Took this picture prior to putting the binding on. I bought the owl fabric years ago and have never seen it anywhere since.

The off white quilt with the girl was a panel that I cut up. I had made the first baby of the family a quilt and the mother had wanted an off white/ecru quilt – So I was able to use my left over fabric for this one. So didn't cost much to make.

The monster quilt is my favorite –was definitely a plan as I went quilt using a panel and several companion fabrics from the same line along with some from my stash. I used the growth chart on back and gave the mother a fabric pen to record his growth over the years.
Attached Thumbnails kirin.jpg   evie.jpg   phoebe-1.jpg   phoebe.jpg   ivy.jpg  

ivy-2.jpg   gunner.jpg   gunner-back.jpg  
Old 10-11-2015, 09:37 AM
Power Poster

Great quilts!
Old 10-11-2015, 09:39 AM

Good job! I have a panel right now I can't seem to figure out what to do with it. I like your ideas.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:02 AM

You have great looking quilts and some very creative ideas for using panels. Thank you for sharing.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

all nicely done... the owls are cute
Old 10-11-2015, 10:29 AM
KLO

Love the Best Friends quilt! I have been wanting to make one of these for my best friend from childhood. I like you design a lot. Your other quilts a wonderful also!
Old 10-11-2015, 11:11 AM

After looking at your wonderful quilts, you are truly a quilt designer. Maybe one day you will take the next step and develop patterns for those of us who don't have that designing gene in our bodies. Seriously, great job on the quilts.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Power Poster

What a beautiful and happy quilts.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:16 PM

Those are awesome quilts. Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:30 PM

Very nice.