Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I received the Grace frame >

I received the Grace frame

I received the Grace frame

Old 03-08-2009, 04:28 PM

First a high, then a low....how disappointing :cry: I hope your parts arrive soon so you can play.....
Old 03-08-2009, 06:09 PM

I've called and of course, they are open Monday through Friday.

I know I could put all the rest of the frame together but I just don't want to if I can't finish it. I could decide to stain and seal it before I get the cogs though.

Instead of doing that I've worked on a log cabin this weekend that I am almost done with. I have 13 more blocks to square up and then sew them all together. I should receive the border fabric any day and that one will be ready to quilt or tie.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Power Poster

So sorry for you. It is disappointing to order something and not have all the parts. Hand in there. I can't wait to see a quilt on that frame. Keep us posted.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:36 PM

Please let us know how hard/difficult it was to put together. That's one of the 2 frames I've been looking at getting.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Power Poster

I don't have one but have heard it is hard to put together but worth it. All good things come with a price.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:54 PM

I've look at all the parts and compared it to the parts list. Everything is very clearly marked, all of each size bolt, nut, washer, etc. is in it's own individual baggie with a label. I've looked over the directions and it doesn't seem to be too hard. I've put lots of boxed furniture together and you just have to follow each step.

But... I'll see how it actually goes together. :wink:
Old 03-09-2009, 05:33 AM

my frame is about 5 years old and I have never stained it. Its as good as the day it was put together. it sits in the family room so its really not where its damp, that might make a difference. Good luck
Old 03-10-2009, 12:12 AM

Which Model of Grace frame did you purchase? I just got an EZ3 and am in the process of gettting it tung oiled before using.

Hope you get your part soo. Try calling the company directly, I've heard they have excellent customer service.

e
Old 03-10-2009, 05:36 AM

I got the Z44. I called Grace yesterday morning and no questions asked they are sending the wheels.

I haven't decided to stain it or not. I think I do have some mahogany stain that is an all-in-one stain and sealer, I'd have to look in the garage. It would look nice in a dark stain.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:58 PM

Do you know the difference in the EZ3 to EZ4? Does it handle the kingsize quilts as well? I think the EZ3 only goes up to queen. I was wondering if there was something else.

I like the look of natural wood so I am just going to use the natural tung oil to seal it. I like the thought of not having to baste but I am not sure if the layers will start to bunch as more to the quilting is completed. Do you plan to work from top to bottom or from the middle?