Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I shopped again today, made a killing!!!  Melted credit card >

I shopped again today, made a killing!!! Melted credit card

I shopped again today, made a killing!!! Melted credit card

Old 01-04-2009, 08:47 AM

Wow! I can't even imagine getting that much fabric at one time? Do you own a truck? Lucky you!!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:13 AM

Oh, oh, oh----I'm just drooling---and the sale prices---What a shame the store is closing (probably because they were too generous at sale time-LOL) I always tell my husband when I shop that I won't be back until I wear the numbers off of my credit card........but, melting one? hadn't thought of that.....enjoy, enjoy, enjoy
Old 01-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Izy

Gayle....you really aren't being fair....was there any LEFT for anybody else...I am just sooo jealous lol!! :mrgreen:

You could start your own shop, tell you what I will start one here, and you can supply me, how about that??? Plenty of room for profit sharing here at these prices :D
Old 01-04-2009, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
OMG!!Absolutely gorgeous, especially the oriental prints. Did you buy them out on the those? If not, would you get me some and I'll get a check to you. Just PM me, regardless of what dh says, those are too good to pass up.
Almost every piece I bought I picked up the rest of the bolt. on 2 of the orientals, I got the whole shebang.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Gayle....you really aren't being fair....was there any LEFT for anybody else...I am just sooo jealous lol!! :mrgreen:

You could start your own shop, tell you what I will start one here, and you can supply me, how about that??? Plenty of room for profit sharing here at these prices :D
There was a gal in earlier yesterday, who I think was in both Thursday and Friday, it 3 hours to cut her fabrics and she spent over $500 (yesterday alone. because I took the rest of most of the pieces it didn't take long to cut and I was there with a friend and we folded the fabrics so the gal working there could just keep measuring.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Joan
Oh, oh, oh----I'm just drooling---and the sale prices---What a shame the store is closing (probably because they were too generous at sale time-LOL) I always tell my husband when I shop that I won't be back until I wear the numbers off of my credit card........but, melting one? hadn't thought of that.....enjoy, enjoy, enjoy
Actually, they did say that it had nothing to do with the economy or financial anything. They just want to retire. The couple who own the store are both in their upper 70's and have had the store for 33 years. They have tried to sell it as a fabric store, but no luck.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:12 AM

It's a shame your quilt store is closing :cry:

But it sure looks like you did good!! (When are you going back for more???)
Old 01-04-2009, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

I badly want to go tomorrow. DH and I have not discussed how much I spent. He knows I want to go tomorrow. There are lots of fabrics calling my name, when I go back it will be to buy "normal" size pieces. 1 to 1.5 yards or 3 on a few that I really like. Problem is I plan on going to Road to California Quilt Show on the 16th and I always spend a couple hundred there. Don't know If I can go to Road and not spend money!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Originally Posted by sewjoyce

I badly want to go tomorrow. DH and I have not discussed how much I spent. He knows I want to go tomorrow. There are lots of fabrics calling my name, when I go back it will be to buy "normal" size pieces. 1 to 1.5 yards or 3 on a few that I really like. Problem is I plan on going to Road to California Quilt Show on the 16th and I always spend a couple hundred there. Don't know If I can go to Road and not spend money!!!
LOL -- I know what you mean!!! The closest quilt show I have is the one in Paducah, Kentucky in April each year. I'm always so bad when I go :roll:
Old 01-04-2009, 11:49 AM

I suppose they don't have a website,do they ? so we can all have some fun too!