Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I started my shop hop quilt,feedback welcomed

Blog Entries
    They r wonderful :thumbup: love colours and stars
    What is shop hop?

(5) local quilt shop were in the shop hop.
    You had to drive to each shop & purchase each block in the quilt.Each shop also had the finished quilt on display but used a different color & print boarder.You were also allowed to purchase a pre-cut boarder set of your choice.
    Also,each shop stamped the shop hop "pass card" you then were placed into a drawing to win variety of prizes.
    A great way to see your local quilt shop & meet each owner.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    Quote Originally Posted by LoriEl
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose L
    What very pretty fabrics you are using in your sampler blocks. This will make into a beautiful quilt! My only suggestion is to check your seams to make sure they are 1/4", if they are all your corners will come together perfectly.
    Yes, do check! You will lose your points on the second block but we have all done that. I have! See how the points on #1 have a 1/4 inch beyond the point? That is your seam allowance so you get good points, #2 doesn't have that. Just a "pointer" so now you can beware.
    Ditto on the second block. Attention to seam size and pressing are good pointers!

You've got a nice colour scheme going ... and interesting blocks.

Curious? You call this a shop hop quilt ... what is that? different pattern from each store? samples given by the stores? or what?

Yes,the foot is my next purchase!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb44
    I agree regarding an accurate 1/4 inch seam allowance. I could not get accurate, consistent seams until I got a 1/4 inch quilting foot.

Beautiful blocks though. I think purple and green together is striking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2