Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm addicted to Ebay... thanks... >

I'm addicted to Ebay... thanks...

I'm addicted to Ebay... thanks...

Old 05-28-2008, 09:50 AM

I don't see what is ugly about it.......I don't buy much on line because I like to feel fabric before buying. I like the birds, would be pretty in a blue and yellow summer quilt or cute placemats for the kitchen.

Did their picture make it look different? :D
Old 05-28-2008, 09:56 AM

I like to touch the fabric that I buy.....you can't do it on e bay.....sorry.... :roll:
Old 05-28-2008, 11:11 AM

I love to buy fabric on ebay! I taught a friend how to buy on ebay and now she is hooked too.

There is one seller that sells only by the bolt and I've bought nearly a thousand $ worth of fabric but now have restricted myself :lol: I don't even go look anymore cuz I'm afraid I'll be tempted to buy more, but buying the whole bolt, the prices were great, I got a number of them for less than $2 yd, and then would share with friends. I've tried selling fabric on eBay but the competition is so great that it is hard and I'm not willing to wait out the time to get a good customer base.

So now I have loads of fabric to make many many quilts, or to use the fabric faster....use it as backing!

As with any fabric purchase, just make sure you know who the manufacturer is and that you like their quality of fabric. I tried to stick to well known brands, makes, artist etc. I did purchase 2 bolts that the quality wasn't so good. After that I stuck with Lynwood by Northcott or actual Northcott and other high end fabrics. Gratefully the seller at ebay fully disclosed the maker, the series name etc and I would even check my local quilt shop and sure enough the fabric was there so I could compare price and touch it too.

Happy quilting! hugs, sue
Old 05-30-2008, 04:12 AM

Good advice. We are E-bay addicts too but you have to be careful. My hubby spotted and reported 8 frauds when we were looking for a sewing machine.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:10 AM

Hi Brenda, Yes I nearly got caught to when I tried to buy a sewing machine, luckily Ebay themselves found out they were illegal and stopped my buying one. However on another I was outbid and some other poor person really got caught to the sum of 795 Pounds.

The fraudster then had the cheek to come through on my email and offer the same machine that had already been sold and offer a second chance sale on it as they said "he had trouble getting his money from the bidder" and offered it to me for 625 Pounds. :roll:

I still buy however, but check out the Sellers and for how long they have been selling for.

Elle
Old 05-30-2008, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by DreamXer
I've shopped on eBay. I searched for fabric collections I knew and bought them that way - was much less expensive than buying in Canada. I had to stop for a while bc it is VERY addictive.
Which set of fat quarters did you get?
If you used the ugly fabric in small amounts, would they be as noticeable?
I'm in Canada too and I have to agree with you DreamXer the prices for fabrics here are quite expensive too. Here in Newfoundland the prices can go from $5.95 to $19.95 a metre!!! NUTS!!! Since I started coming to this forum (hmmm think that was mid February this year) I have been introduced to many amazing fabric shops online with fantastic prices!!!! I am saving sooo much money that way!!! eBay is awesome too.. I too am an eBay addict!!!!