Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm doing my part to support the economy, more fabrics!!! >

I'm doing my part to support the economy, more fabrics!!!

I'm doing my part to support the economy, more fabrics!!!

Old 02-03-2009, 07:47 AM

I love the orientals! I have all of those colors.
I do love that purple lily looking fabric you have too! :)
Great haul!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:54 AM

Love all that fabric!!! Sorry you're losing your LQS but am glad you're getting all those bargains :!:
Old 02-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Banned

goodness when you shop, you shop. lol you got an awesome haul....
Old 02-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Izy

'Pea' green with envy...is that singular???.....well I must be several frozen bags of 'petit pois' with envy :D :lol: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But you got a great haul there :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-03-2009, 10:12 AM

Wow!!!!! What a stach. love them all.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:14 AM

Such beautiful choices. I personally LOVE the gold tones and the asian themes. Girl when that store closes up you will be able to open one! Where are you putting all this stash?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:18 AM

I could almost open a store, except that I have mostly 1 - 2 yard pieces. My friends know where to come when they are looking for that "something special" I have a whole wall of cabinets that are just for my quilting fabrics, and I also have 2 rubbermaid 4-drawer carts and a few (9 or 10 or so) 60 qt rubbermaid bins in the garage. I have to confess, I don't think I can fit another piece of fabric in my cupboards. I had to fill a while drawer in one of my drawer carts with the orientals I bought since New Years. (Not counting the 12 - 15 yard pieces I picked up)
Old 02-03-2009, 10:32 AM

You sound like me. I have fabric stashed everywhere and I am the "GO TO" lady too when someone is looking for something, espeically being it takes an hour to get to fabric from here.

Hubby and I both did good this weekend, we were shopping SAturday night and in the fabric area for a good while and we resisted purchasing. We walked out with nothing more than a pack of beads that I was needing for a project and a decor flower button for a throw pillow were going to make. It took REAL restraint. We are trying to sew up some of what we have for now before we buy much more, becuase we just do not have the room to store any more.

Now if I would stock up on batting and backing like I do fabric I might get somewhere faster! I have been dragging out old toppers and quilting them and I am running very low on backing and batting. So I know I will be going to the store this week.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:50 AM

Danielle, The store that is closing used to have a big sale on New Years, 4th of July, Veterans Day and sometimes Thanksgiving and put a bunch of good quality fabrics on sale for $1 per yard(2 years ago) and this last year it was $1.69 a yard. This is when I would buy 6-10 yards at a time to use for backs. My back do not always match what is in a quilt but I do try to coordinate with what the front is. I have a collection of backing fabrics now, in the future when I run out I'm not sure where I will find such great deals!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:31 AM

Wow...your credit card must have "burned" with delight at being used for so much great looking fabric! You definitely are "stash happy"!!!! :lol: