Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Inspired by Tartan.... >

Inspired by Tartan....

Inspired by Tartan....

Old 02-22-2015, 08:49 AM

Adorable quilt. The backing is perfect for your adorable quilt.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:53 AM
Power Poster

Nicely done! Will be a lovely gift (if you choose).
Old 02-22-2015, 10:16 AM
Power Poster

Of course it is good enough to send to your friend, she will love it for one of her husband's grandchildren. My brother had 3 children from his first marriage and my DSIL had 2 children from her first marriage but they always referred to them as "their" grandchildren, so I would consider them her grandchildren as well; but that's just me.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:08 AM

Cute as can be and backing is great. Someone will love this.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I think your version is great! I have been not been able to log in all day on my Ipad to QB so I am just finally able to comment using an old computer. There is an ad banner to Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and I think it is messing up my ipad connection, hopefully it will get resolved.
Did you try dumping your history? That fixed all the craziness I was getting on my IPad. Also, recently someone here recommended that I get a free app called "Adblock" to silence silly ad banners, etc. Works great! Make sure you know all of your passwords before you dump your history as you can lose some of your saved passwords by doing it. I learned this the hard way, so I just went through everything that lost the password and changed them all to something easier to remember. Mine is an IPad 2.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:19 AM

It absolutely is good enough. I love it. And some little one will too.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:27 AM

I really like that! Set against black it really "pops"! And aren't new crayons squared off a little at the top anyway? Not "sharp sharp" if I'm remembering right. You are your worst critic; please share your generous labor of love with one of the kiddoes you mentioned. They'll love it. "Children are not quilt police," as someone here encouraged me when I doubted whether my work was "good enough" . It's one reason I love to make kids' quilts, too. They feel special and happy to receive them. I feel good that they're not judging it.

The backing fabric, BTW, is terrific.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:17 PM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Well I think it looks great !
Old 02-23-2015, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Annz View Post
This is too cute. Love the backing it looks like smaller crayons. Is it?

Yes, the backing fabric is sections of crayons turned in different directions. I should have taken a closeup of that; I think the fabric is very cute.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by MargeD View Post
Of course it is good enough to send to your friend, she will love it for one of her husband's grandchildren. My brother had 3 children from his first marriage and my DSIL had 2 children from her first marriage but they always referred to them as "their" grandchildren, so I would consider them her grandchildren as well; but that's just me.
Oh, I think she thinks of them as hers, too. It's a great sadness to her that she had no children herself (a bad first marriage and a too-late second marriage) so I know she's delighted to claim her husband's sons and grandchildren. She's a most generous and complimentary friend so I have no doubt she'll appreciate this little quilt if I send it to her. My only hesitation is from my own standards (that slightly crooked backing bothers me). This one was an experiment, in which I learned how, so I'm considering making another to send.