Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR  2....Group 2 Pictures......The Stitching Sisters >

IRR 2....Group 2 Pictures......The Stitching Sisters

IRR 2....Group 2 Pictures......The Stitching Sisters

Old 04-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

I'll send her a pm telling her it was posted...she may not be getting notices.....
Old 04-15-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by mamabird3
OK, after many layout changes here is your "finished" border. Unfortunately it is not squared so I have to fix that. But I am happy with the way it turned out and I hope you are too!
Oh my gosh, that is so lovely! I would never have envisioned that one block growing into something so lovely.

I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner - don't know why, but I keep losing this thread - if I don't remember to check it, I don't see it. Thank you Sandpat for sending me a message!

Peace and Joy,
Robin
Old 04-15-2010, 12:49 PM

Whew.. glad you liked it! In one of the threads there is a link you can click on and it will take all the IRR groups and give them their own forum..That way it is easy to keep track. I will look for it and let you know.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:00 PM

OK, there is a section called Virtual Sections, how you get there I have no clue. Not sure if you have to be invited or not. Once you go in there you can join the IRR group and all 10 groups are listed!! That way you never miss a post. Here is a link, not sure if it will work.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual_section_list.jsp
Old 04-15-2010, 04:24 PM

I keep going back to look at this, it is so amazing. I think you came up with the perfect border. I've actually sent a link to two quilting friends so they can see it.

The school I work at is once again in the news in a bad way. Last spring, we had a suicide at school. This is just as awful, as tragic in a different way. It's just starting to leak into the news and I am hopeful that with spring break next week, some of the "buzz" will settle down. Some of us who have known for a few days were talking earlier and agree that next year when spring comes, we are going to be waiting for a shoe to fall. What terrible thing will come, what will the news trucks be trying to catch an interview for?

Anyhow, with all of this going on, I've totally lost track of time and didn't get Kendra's package in the mail to her. Good thing the taxes were done and sent, or I'd probably have forgotten about them, too. Mamabird's center hasn't been forgotten, but it isn't quite ready to go, either. I saw a picture of an antique quilt and wanted to reproduce one of the borders on it, but using piecing instead of the applique that the original had. I'm trying to remember how long the packages to Canada have been taking; I know it's longer than the usual two days that they take here, but not too much? So you should still get this late next week, I hope.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
I keep going back to look at this, it is so amazing. I think you came up with the perfect border. I've actually sent a link to two quilting friends so they can see it.

The school I work at is once again in the news in a bad way. Last spring, we had a suicide at school. This is just as awful, as tragic in a different way. It's just starting to leak into the news and I am hopeful that with spring break next week, some of the "buzz" will settle down. Some of us who have known for a few days were talking earlier and agree that next year when spring comes, we are going to be waiting for a shoe to fall. What terrible thing will come, what will the news trucks be trying to catch an interview for?

Anyhow, with all of this going on, I've totally lost track of time and didn't get Kendra's package in the mail to her. Good thing the taxes were done and sent, or I'd probably have forgotten about them, too. Mamabird's center hasn't been forgotten, but it isn't quite ready to go, either. I saw a picture of an antique quilt and wanted to reproduce one of the borders on it, but using piecing instead of the applique that the original had. I'm trying to remember how long the packages to Canada have been taking; I know it's longer than the usual two days that they take here, but not too much? So you should still get this late next week, I hope.
No worries from this end! I have to put the finishing touches on the one I have here and send it out too! I am hoping to have mine out on Monday!
Usually the mail from the states to Canada has been taking about 10-12 days. Why I don't know but that is the wayis goes!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:12 PM

Sorry to hear the news .. what a sad thing to happen.

I am sooo pleased you like the border. It was a challenge to come up with the perfect one. I really liked the idea of repeating stars. I was going to do a duplicate of your pattern but... working with those little 1.5" blocks was challenging enough without throwing a harder star in there. I did choose to use two different reds for the stars since both your star and the other border had dark and light reds. If you didn't notice, the black has gold snowflakes on it too.. I just loved that fabric. Still working on squaring it up and hope to have it out of here next week.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:37 AM
Power Poster

So glad you found it P & J....the Virtual Section is a great place to look. Checking there will also make sure you see any "new" threads that are started for the IRR. If you click on "Quilting Forum" at the top of any thread, it will take you to your own main page. If you scroll to the bottom you will see any Virtual Sections listed that you have "joined" You can easily see if there are any unread posts. Its a great feature!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:20 AM

So what do you get when you put a 1" border on a 39" block?

You do NOT get a 40" block!! :oops: :shock:

Yeah, that next 5" border didn't fit so well. I knew immediatly why and couldn't believe I'd done that... Thought about cutting the 1" border to 1/2" but decided against it. I'm reworking the corners and this should go out in the mail tomorrow. I haven't used so much graph paper since I was in high school a few decades ago, lol.

That's what I get for procrastinating. Grrr.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

Oh no P&J...I hate when something starts off bad, then it always seems to just snowball....I hate that! So glad you got it figured out though...now..we can't wait to see it!