Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR  2....Group 2 Pictures......The Stitching Sisters >

IRR 2....Group 2 Pictures......The Stitching Sisters

IRR 2....Group 2 Pictures......The Stitching Sisters

Old 10-17-2009, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Me either Patti. I'm sure some are going to stress over my center, but it's ok. This is a learning experience for all of us. I'm sure when I get it back, it'll be gorgeous!
Oh, thank you so much for the EFFORT you went to so that we would have INCREASED STRESS! :shock: Very kind of you. It so happens that I already have an idea I dreamed up while passing the semis on the interstate yesterday (I have to make that drive to work productive somehow!). It will depend on what the previous borders are if I can use my brainstorm or not...you'll just have to wait and see!
Old 10-17-2009, 05:17 AM
Power Poster

Awww....inspiration hits next to a semi???? Well, I guess thats about as good as anywhere else! :wink:
Old 10-17-2009, 05:22 AM

Teacup...don't stress over it. You'll do fine. HONEST!
Old 10-17-2009, 09:35 PM

Received your center today teacup. It is lovely!! And thank you for the goodies :-) Now... what to do, what to do!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 09:43 PM

Oh, good...glad it arrived! Have fun! I'm anxiously awaiting Kendra's package to see if we are going to be working with pinwheels or stars. Can't wait to find out.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:23 AM

oh i am so drooling over some of the centers...being new here I have a couple questions....first silly question:
1] is this like a swap?
2] or does one person get the finished quilt?
3] is there some place on the board for explaining what the guidelines are for joining in...for maybe next time?
Thank-you from a newbie, both here & to quilting.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by craftiladi
oh i am so drooling over some of the centers...being new here I have a couple questions....first silly question:
1] is this like a swap?
2] or does one person get the finished quilt?
3] is there some place on the board for explaining what the guidelines are for joining in...for maybe next time?
Thank-you from a newbie, both here & to quilting.

Crafti, for this particular project, everyone who signed up was assigned to a group of six people. Everyone makes a center, which is anywhere from 12 to 24 inches. Then, just like passing the serving dishes around the table at Thanksgiving, everyone sends their center on to the next person, who then adds a border of a particular size. The size is dictated by which "round" it is. First border is 3 inches, second 5, and on up. Each round is about 2 months, so at the end of a year, you get a completed quilt back that five other people have worked on. The results are gorgeous.

This is the second International Round Robin (IRR II). It just started, so there won't be another one for a year. But there are lots of other swaps. Check out the first one:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/21921.page

Also, check out the doll quilt swaps. They are a blast, and it's so much easier to make a doll quilt. Here is a link to the October doll quilt swap, and one for the Holiday (Nov/Dec) Swap which is now open. Go on over and sign up for it! Join in all the fun!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/27206.page

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/l...78.page#565084
Old 10-18-2009, 08:33 AM

Gaigai....Huge thank-you for the wonderful detailed post. i am on my way over to check out the links you provided.
IRR...what a neat idea.
Again thank-you so much for explaining to this newbie.
dee
Old 10-18-2009, 02:17 PM

Welcome to the board! This is my first year being involved, and I'm fairly new to quilting. I'm having a lot of fun!
Old 10-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Gaigai....Huge thank-you for the wonderful detailed post. i am on my way over to check out the links you provided.
IRR...what a neat idea.
Again thank-you so much for explaining to this newbie.
dee
Craftiladi...we'll be looking for you to join next year in the IRR fun! It doesn't matter if you are a newbie or not...there are all levels of experience involved...thats what makes it fun! Welcome to the board...come join the fun in some of the swaps!