Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR II GROUP  3 PICTURES "QUILTERS BEYOND BORDERS" >

IRR II GROUP 3 PICTURES "QUILTERS BEYOND BORDERS"

IRR II GROUP 3 PICTURES "QUILTERS BEYOND BORDERS"

Old 11-03-2010, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Jan, that looks wonderful! You used the darks to pull the center back out...great idea and it worked! Another beauty on its way home! Yippee!!!
I agree ...
I owe people a BUNCH of apologies. My idea of "calming" the quilt down a bit with a single fabric border sure didn't do anyone any favors.
Thank goodness there are a BUNCH of talented quilters on this Board - - you have all taken a very bad idea and restored the quilt to its original beautiful plan.
Good show!<wave>
Old 11-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Power Poster

omak, I certainly wasn't implying that you did anything wrong! Sometimes using just one fabric to "calm" the quilt is a great idea!! No apologies...huh???? You did a great job on all your groups!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
omak, I certainly wasn't implying that you did anything wrong! Sometimes using just one fabric to "calm" the quilt is a great idea!! No apologies...huh???? You did a great job on all your groups!
I didn't take it that way at all. I just have been looking at all the quilts and thinking I could have done so much more. I do apologize because I never want to take for granted that people are very forgiving and accepting. I think it all has to be said. Thank you for the pat on the back (which I wasn't looking for), and I will continue on <wave>
Old 11-09-2010, 01:22 PM

I received the quilt in the mail yesterday! It is gorgeous. Even better in person, of course.

I'm trying to talk my mom into quilting it for me as my Christmas gift. I now I'll never have time to able to get it done in time to use it this season and I really want to!
Old 11-09-2010, 02:25 PM

Thats great news another made its way home. Hope you get it quilted.

Elle
Old 11-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Power Poster

That would be a great Chrissy present Colletta...want us to beg her for you? :lol:
Old 02-06-2011, 08:58 AM

Elle: I'm so sorry this hasn't arrived since I sent it way before Christmas. Hopefully it will arrive someday. I wanted you to see the quilt we put together for you as a warm hug from both the IRR groups you participated in last year. Someday it may be for than just a picture if it isn't lost in customs again.

Everyone who helped, a huge thank you. Your blocks are beautiful sorry I was so slow at getting it finished.

Elle's Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]90400[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-90395.jpe  
Old 02-06-2011, 10:04 AM

Somehow, I missed seeing Coletta's finished quilt top until today. Wonderful! It shows how a beautiful panel can spark the creativity of a group of quilters. I'm looking forward to seeing it quilted.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:05 AM

Hello everyone, Ladies I got the biggest surprise today, when the quilt you all made for me turned up. I am overwhelmed and thrilled, you all made a beautiful job of it and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. The ladies at my sewing group were amazed at the beautiful work and how it all came together. I love my butterflies.

Love you all Elle xxx hugs
Old 04-26-2011, 06:09 AM

I am so pleased you like it. I am relieved it finally made it to Spain. This is a wonderful beginning to a great day. Take care Elle, Gwyn