Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR II GROUP  3 PICTURES "QUILTERS BEYOND BORDERS" >

IRR II GROUP 3 PICTURES "QUILTERS BEYOND BORDERS"

IRR II GROUP 3 PICTURES "QUILTERS BEYOND BORDERS"

Old 10-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

Oh...I think it is beyond what I can do with those itsy bitsy pieces :shock: It looks great and will make a very interesting center....let 'er rip!
Old 10-12-2009, 02:42 PM

I don't think we are supposed to look at the little pieces <g> ...
the BIG picture is where reality lies.
Don't you think? LOL
Old 10-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by omak
I don't think we are supposed to look at the little pieces <g> ...
the BIG picture is where reality lies.
Don't you think? LOL
All right, Omak, just put that big picture in the post to Janice tomorrow. Give it a little wave, then sit back and wait for it to get back to you. I would have come with mine, I quite fancy the idea of two months with each of you, but you might get fed up with me :!: LOL
Old 10-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Power Poster

I love your center, omak!!! Can't wait to get my paws on it. So good to hear from you!!
Old 10-12-2009, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
I would have come with mine, I quite fancy the idea of two months with each of you, but you might get fed up with me :!: LOL
You are most welcome to spend two months here - I could sure use an extra pair of hands here on our little homestead! I don't suppose you know how to pluck a chicken? Or make preserves?

Jan
Old 10-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

Like grama lehr, I am also trying to understand the project. So if I understand correctly:
By the time the quilt top is finished, everyone will have created their own center and sent it off to the next person on the list. In turn, everyone receives the center from someone else and adds the first border on. This is sent off and the next border goes on the next top until all borders are on and the top goes back to the owner of the center.

That way, everyone gets a chance to put ONE border on each quilt AND everyone will do one of each borders.

The challenge I see is to get in touch with the other member's center and digest the pattern and the colors. I'll have to watch this process a few more rounds and see what I would do before I sign up. It does sound intriguing.

Don't you find it hard to work in color lines that you don't care for and what about modern versus traditional designs?
Old 10-12-2009, 04:32 PM

Madquilter understands the concept of the Round Robin quite well, I think!
There are quite a few contributors that I can't keep up with in the contemporary way, but I have determined to do what I do in a complimentary fashion.
It won't be the same since I cannot perform with their creativity, but I might find myself reaching new concepts just by being in the same room with all that inspiration.
If I actually sat down and considered actually competing with some of the applique I have seen, I would soon become dispirited with the effort, but interpretation ... I can do that! <g>
It is about doing the best you can do in which ever fashion you choose to express yourself.
I cannot convey the spirit of those statements in ten words or less, but I can assure you that we all give an A for effort!
Old 10-12-2009, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
The challenge I see is to get in touch with the other member's center and digest the pattern and the colors. Don't you find it hard to work in color lines that you don't care for and what about modern versus traditional designs?
That is a big part of the challenge. It's exciting in a "stretch and grow your potential" kind of way. I think an even greater challenge though, at least for me, is to create an unfinished quilt. Only the last border will complete the quilt, so each previous round will be adding to the top, while having no idea what the finished product will be. Kind of like shooting in the dark . . . .
Old 10-12-2009, 10:51 PM

Hi Everyone,

TOMORROW is the big day for posting, if you havenīt already.

Package to contain your BLOCK and Label. Label in a baggie if it has ink on it, in case it could run, just a precaution.

Looking forward to receiving mine.

The NEXT round will contain BLOCK with your 3" border on, senders Label and and envelope with your postcard or gift. Does everyone understand this idea.

Elle
Old 10-13-2009, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Originally Posted by MadQuilter
The challenge I see is to get in touch with the other member's center and digest the pattern and the colors. Don't you find it hard to work in color lines that you don't care for and what about modern versus traditional designs?

That is a big part of the challenge. It's exciting in a "stretch and grow your potential" kind of way. I think an even greater challenge though, at least for me, is to create an unfinished quilt. Only the last border will complete the quilt, so each previous round will be adding to the top, while having no idea what the finished product will be. Kind of like shooting in the dark . . . .
I agree with all of your explanations but have to add my 2 cents worth...of course. Madquilter, the joy of the RR is twofold. First you do get the opportunity to "work outside of your own box" in at least the ways mentioned previously. Secondly, you get to share in the creation of a quilt with 6 other people that you wouldn't get to normally work with. (And you'd be surprized at what you learn about yourself and your own capabilities!) Each person has a large emotional and small financial investment in each quilt in the group which makes it all worthwhile in the end.

Hope you'll join us next year....its a ton of fun!