Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN" >

IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN"

IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN"

Old 08-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for understanding. I think that most have our group has had an off year to put it mildly. I didn't count on the depression taking memoir for so much of it. The good news is that once I do these two my part will be done on the other quilts and I will nuts have to worry about finishing off mine.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:24 PM

Cutebuns, that goes for my quilt top too, donīt worry, I was just wondering if it had got lost in the post or something. Take your time. You are right I think we have had more than our fair share of troubles this year.

Elle
Old 08-04-2010, 12:25 PM

PS I hope you feel better real soon

Elle
Old 08-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Power Poster

The depression comes and goes. It is situational. For those that don't know. My husband suffers from PTSD and sever sleep apnea. He is doing pretty good right now but it makes life interesting to say the least some days. Coming home from camping with the family I ended up pretty tired and just starting to recover. Once I start it should take me to long. It is a matter of cleaning up the mess I made before leaving and getting to it.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:52 PM

Cutebuns: Is he receiving treatment from the VA for these problems? PTSD is one area the VA is actually doing a pretty good job. Sleep Apnea can be helped too, with a machine that helps the person sleep without snoring. Before Randy got his machine, I had to sleep in another room at least one day a week because I couldn't handle it.

I have PTSD and every time Randy made a noise, I was up, wide awake and ready to fight or run. It was really hard on both of us.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
The depression comes and goes. It is situational. For those that don't know. My husband suffers from PTSD and sever sleep apnea. He is doing pretty good right now but it makes life interesting to say the least some days. Coming home from camping with the family I ended up pretty tired and just starting to recover. Once I start it should take me to long. It is a matter of cleaning up the mess I made before leaving and getting to it.
That sounds like a really hard situation to be in, I feel for you.

Elle
Old 08-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Power Poster

He is getting some help. He has a professional that he goes and sees every two weeks. Has meds as well. Doesn't do all and life goes up and down a bit more with something like this. But it continues. He is a lot more stae now than be was 2 hears ago which is a blessing. He has a machine for the eel apnea that helps with it. Lately the mask has been leaking and needed adjusting. It was making all sorts of noise that for sure wasn't helping me get a good nights sleep. It has been fixed for now anyway. I suffer from secondary symptoms. The depression included. Quilting is good therapy for it.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

I'll have to admit that this particular group is filled with my "heros" for the year. It has been a really tough year and I would have certainly understood if any of you had wanted to throw in the towel on this..but you are all pulling through it (wonderfully I might add)...its amazing to me...you will all have stories to tell about these quilts when you are done and the amazing women who worked on them :shock: :lol:

Now...I'm cracking the whip...ladies...lets get going :lol: :lol:
Old 08-04-2010, 08:44 PM

Since I don't have a center right now, I am working on next years quilt. Not exactly sure how I want to use the finished quilt. Makes a big difference in how you get started.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

Yes Gwyn, your right, it does! I seem to be just a "collector".. :lol: :lol: :lol: