Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
The joy of Acknowledgement! >

The joy of Acknowledgement!

The joy of Acknowledgement!

Old 06-24-2014, 06:49 AM

That is a beautiful quilt. I love the bright colors and that pattern, sure makes the colors pop. I think it is just wonderful that some people still have good manners and give the giver a special thanks for what they do and the phone call made their thank you more personal, so you know this quilt was and is appreciated.
I love doing for others, but sometimes feel that what I do is not appreciated when a simple thanks can not be given.
Last month I made a colorful twin size quilt as a HS graduation gift for a young lady I have never seen. Her mother and my daughter went to college together and are very good friends. This was a just because I wanted to gift and a surprise for all. I made the quilt as an extra gift from my daughter who had no idea I was going to do this either, but was told when I ask for the name and address for the quilt label and for mailing. Both quilt and DD arrived for the graduation the same day. The mother had been informed to expect a pkg. I told DD to tell them know not to inspect too closely for mistakes, (neither my DD or the mother sew), because I made the quilt in less than a week and wanted it completed in time, so this was not some of my best work I even machine stitched all of the binding, and I never do that. Anyway, I received a lovely email from the mother thanking me for the quilt and for taking time to make it. About week later I received a beautiful hand written thank you note from this young lady thanking me for making her the quilt even though it was a gift from DD, telling me the colors were perfect and that she couldn't find any mistakes because she loved it. Her sweet thank you note made my day-and I was impressed because all too many young people today never say thank you or let someone know that a gift is received or appreciated.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:10 AM

Beautiful quilt. Nice to know that its appricated.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:20 AM

A beautiful quilt and wonderful story to go with it. Be proud!
Old 06-24-2014, 08:34 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Beautiful and how wonderful !
Old 06-24-2014, 08:43 AM

Now those are quality people. What a nice gift you got in return. Acknowledgement of the time and effort. Wonderful. Thanks for sharing this as sometimes I fear we have lost all manners.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:10 AM

What an absolutely beautiful quilt and story. Isn't it great when they REALLY LOVE something you've made and LET YOU KNOW Thank you for the uplifting story!!
Old 06-24-2014, 09:21 AM

That is a beautiful quilt, and I am already working out a like design in my mind for a grandchild. I know the feeling of elation when you get a handwritten note of thanks. Last year one of my sons asked me to make a "hippie quilt" for a friend of his. I managed to find one in a stack of already pieced quilts that are given to me periodically from my sisters' stashes and my sons' trips to yard sales and auctions. My other son (the one who does my machine quilting) and I made it up and gave it to the son who had asked for the quilt, never expecting to hear from him again about the quilt. Well, of all things, I got a letter in the mail from a name that I never heard of, and when I opened and read it, tears came to my eyes. That young man was so pleased with that quilt that he said he would treasure and take good care of it forever. He did mention that he put it on his own bed to use it. I have that letter tacked up on my memory board in my sewing room.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:41 AM

Your quilt is gorgeous and the colors are great.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:02 AM

Beautiful! So nice of them to acknowledge too.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:53 AM
Power Poster

I think it's wonderful that you received thanks not only from the happy couple but from the bride's father. It is a spectacular quilt and I'm happy that they were thoughtful enough to let you know how much you loved their gift.