Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
July Beach Days >

July Beach Days

July Beach Days

Old 08-01-2008, 04:03 AM

I though my place was on the water. Across the street is a mariner. When we get flooded we see the water comming down to the street.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:22 AM

WOOHOO!
Ok, I'm going to push hubby for NH!! :)
Old 08-01-2008, 04:24 AM

Then you can see both of us tlrnhi.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:03 AM
Banned

Wow beautifil pics. Thanks for sharing
Old 08-01-2008, 05:35 AM

Well, as soon as spring comes around again, you all can start putting in your bids as to where you want me to go. Ok, where you want HUBBY to go. lol I know where I would like to send him at times. hehe :twisted:
But, NOT California. Sorry Californians!
Old 08-01-2008, 05:38 AM

Where is he from? Does that play in the equation?
Old 08-01-2008, 11:01 PM

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Where is he from? Does that play in the equation?
He's from Kansas and NO!!! That DOES NOT play into the equation and NEVER will! Can you tell my feelings about Kansas? lol
Old 08-02-2008, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Terri Where do you have family? That would be an important consideration too! If I had the chance I would live in New England because of the history and the lobster! LOL
I'm originally from RI. I have a brother who still lives there and my sister lives in TX. I have a bunch of cousins in and around the Fall River MA area. Haven't seen/spoken to them in over 10 years. My parents passed away in 2000 and 2001 and all my aunts and uncles are gone. Most of my friends that I hung around with have moved from the area. So, there's really no reason for me to go back there. RI is very expensive on taxes and such, so really wouldn't live there. Northern New England is actually where I would love to be. Maybe somewhere around Lake Champlain, Upstate NY (yes, I know, NY is not New England).

Actually, to me, lobster is over rated. I used to work baiting lines and such for fishermen. Smelly, stinky job, but paid well when in high school and needed money in a pinch. Used to go and pick the decks of fishing boats. Could get lobster for $2 each right off the boats, if you knew the right person. Had my fill of lobster, so I can take it or leave it actually. Not something I would go out of my way for, know what I mean?
Old 08-02-2008, 05:24 AM

Oh Terri, the middle of our nation is nice too. I grew up in western upstate New York and went to college in South Dakota and loved it out there. Met husband in SD and since he was a Preacher's kid he wanted to move far away, so we moved back east. First Florida for master's degree - hated it there and then to the Washington DC area until his death in 1987. I moved to Maine in 1992 and just love it here, (Spent all my summers growing up on this beach in Maine!!!)

Upstate NY around Lake Champlain is a beautiful area too. Maine is one of the worse taxed states in the nation and also one of the poorest. Go figure!! When my Dad was alive, NY had good tax laws for retired people - don't know if they still do or not.

We would like to get a second home out west in a drier and warmer winter climate. Maine would be our summer retreat.

We are starting to look at homes on the lakes around here - I still want to be near water and the real estate taxes on the ocean are outta sight. With home prices low right now, we figure we better do something now. Ocean property is still up there if someone wants to live or vacation here they will pay the price.

Too bad you can not look at property in NY now - houses are very reasonable in NY.

As for lobster.....hmmmm.......we usually only have it a couple times a year, but I do enjoy it. Right now it is cheaper than steak or sliced deli turkey!