Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Jumped in head first and was not disappointed!

For those that were asking, this is how I did them:
    I started with a charm pack(5" sq.) and a layer cake(10" sq.) from my local Wal-Mart. I put them right sides together, just 2 of them at a time, sewed a 1/4" seam around all four sides, pivoting on each corner. Then cut on the diagonal twice, flip them open and press. Re-arrange into a pinwheel and sew them back together. Now since pre-cuts aren't exactly the same size, I waited til all the pinwheels were made and a setting was decided on. Then I just sewed them into their "sets" and used the sashing to make them come out even. This way I didn't fret about them being off here and there, it works for me. It was actually pieced in a medallion setting with borders added til I got it where I wanted.
    Thanks so much for all the great input!! I was even thrilled that it made "Quilt of the day", that just felt so nice! I encourage any of ya to just wing it sometimes when ya get stuck or don't know how to fix something... you will be surprised at what comes out of your machine, I promise! :-)

Wow, that is delightful, I feel like I am watching a great sunrise over a calm ocean. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Gorgeous Quilt! Obviously a lot of work went into it! Good for you for sticking with it and coming up with such an original and wonderful quilt!
    MacThayer

wow they truly turned out awesome and so different from start to finish.. they are great...

You nailed it !!!!!!!!Looks fantastic.

Gorgeous quilt!
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

Power Poster
    WOW! That looks fantastic!

Isn't it wonderful how creative we can get with what we put together? I love your quilt -- it just radiates light....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4