Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jupiter's Circle Batik Quilt

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    maybe a tutorial for those of us who are "visual" people, I got lost reading the directions.
    Oh! What a great idea! A tutorial please!

How do you turn it right side out after sewing the circle?

That is so pretty!!!

A tutorial... hmmm. I don't know what else to tell you about making it. If you missed the add on later in the list of comments, you need to know that to turn the circle right side out, you make a slit through the backing fabric and the batting (not through the batik or the edge of the circle). Postition the slit where it will be under one of the arc flaps on the backside of the block.

I have a Janome 6500. There is an additional gizmo you can buy, Circular Sewing Attachment, P/N 200-304-003.

Jupiter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter
    A tutorial... hmmm. I don't know what else to tell you about making it. If you missed the add on later in the list of comments, you need to know that to turn the circle right side out, you make a slit through the backing fabric and the batting (not through the batik or the edge of the circle). Postition the slit where it will be under one of the arc flaps on the backside of the block.

I have a Janome 6500. There is an additional gizmo you can buy, Circular Sewing Attachment, P/N 200-304-003.

Jupiter
    Some of us are visual people that need to see it being done step by step. If you could do a tuturial with step by step pictures, that would be great. This design is similar to Cathedral Windows, something I've always wanted to do, but yet different because it has batting in it. I think this will be easy to do, just need to see more of the process. Thank you ahead of time! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Gorgeous!! :D:D:D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2