Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
just finished sewing/craft room >

just finished sewing/craft room

just finished sewing/craft room

Old 08-10-2008, 10:02 PM

thanks so much for all the super nice comments on MY room. I will have to use some of the ideas you guys suggested like a LOCK. LOL!! Whoever wants to come to Ut is more then welcome to help me break in or mess up my new room. Also I think that is a great place for the w/d so I can wash the fabric for my projects. Thanks again!!
Old 08-11-2008, 03:01 AM

Congrats Traci! Isn't it wonderful to have space to call your own?

Cindy
Old 08-11-2008, 03:09 AM

hey you can kill 2 or three birds at the same time, when someone is calling you, you can say "I'm doing laundry!" how do you like those front loaders? when mine kick the bucket (if they ever do, they're maytags!) I think I want a front load washer.
Nice space, tell your sweetie that we all appreciate it because we understand the need!
Old 08-11-2008, 03:19 AM

I am so envious of everyone with their sewing rooms!! I want a room!!! wwwwahhhhhhhhhhh :cry: Can I come play with you???
Old 08-11-2008, 03:49 AM

I agree, wash, dry, iron sew all in one room. hehehehe You might never come out.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:38 AM
Banned

Great sewing space. Now get in there and clutter it up. LOL
Old 08-11-2008, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by kathy
hey you can kill 2 or three birds at the same time, when someone is calling you, you can say "I'm doing laundry!" how do you like those front loaders? when mine kick the bucket (if they ever do, they're maytags!) I think I want a front load washer.
Nice space, tell your sweetie that we all appreciate it because we understand the need!
I LOVE my washer and dryer! I think it gets the clothes cleaner, and makes them fade less while using less water and soap. I don't think I will ever use the other ones again. My loved mine so much she went home and bought her a pair the exact same. He was smart though and built a little step to have hers on so she doesn't have to bend over to load and unload hers. Well good luck on your washer and dryer quitting so you can get the front loaders.. haha. I think is the first time I have ever said that!
Old 08-11-2008, 07:29 AM

I love my front loaders!
While in HI, we used the ones that came with housing. Heck, they were brand new, so why not? I donated the set I had to United Way. They were used when I bought them and only paid $300 for the set, so why not. Then we got here and I could have "borrowed" washer and dryer from housing again, but NO WAY!! I wanted my front loaders. It's not a matched set. Washer is GE, dryer is a Wirlpool Duet. Best thing is, the color. They are gray. Love them. And, with them being on clearance because no one liked the color, I got the set for $900 PLUS, they also gave me a $200 rebate! Then, the pedalstals were on clearance for $97, granted the one for the dryer is a bit too big, but the dryer doesn't really move, so no biggie. So, that make it about $900 for the set when you add in the peds and deduct the rebate. Cool, huh? :)
Old 08-11-2008, 10:02 AM

That looks great! I would install some wall shelves on the wall above your tables. It would give you alot more storage space.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Power Poster

Nice looking sewing room. CONGRATS!