Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
kaleidoscope quilt >

kaleidoscope quilt

kaleidoscope quilt

Old 03-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
well if it's good enough for you, Rhonda, it's good enough for me! How much would you get? I'd probably want to make a lap quilt size.

Thanks, and sorry for leading you into temptation! LOL

K x
Well I don't know anything about using a K ruler so it may be differant to figure than fussy cutting. With fussy cutting I could probably get 4or 5 Ks out of one yard so figure how many Ks you want and go from there. If you are using it for the back then add about 1 1/2--2 yards for that.

But you'll need someone else who does the stack and whack to advise you on that amount. I don't know if it is the same amount or not.

For what Ido for a lap q I would probably get about 4-4 1/2 yds. I like to add alittle extra to what I think I will need so I don't get in a pickle with coming up short. Plus sometimes you can't go baack and get more it may be all gone or discontinued!! Happens to me all the time!! I find a favorite and when I go back I can't get any.

Oh and the temptation was so much fun!!!!! Thanks for the link!!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:12 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Thanks Rhonda - I found it on sale on a UK site and delivery is cheaper for me too! It's by the metre so I got four - then it'll be as big as it is!

K x
Old 03-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Thanks Rhonda - I found it on sale on a UK site and delivery is cheaper for me too! It's by the metre so I got four - then it'll be as big as it is!

K x
Can't wait to see it!!! :D :D
Old 03-24-2009, 09:30 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Are you planning on a kaleidoscope with yours? It would be interesting to see the difference between the two - how we chose to cut, etc. But you'll have to cut me some slack because you're an expert and this will be my first try!

K x
Old 03-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Are you planning on a kaleidoscope with yours? It would be interesting to see the difference between the two - how we chose to cut, etc. But you'll have to cut me some slack because you're an expert and this will be my first try!

K x
I am planning on adding some k's to some cream colored totes I bought at Hobby Lobby. I am taking my stuff to a local fall event here called Old Threshers reunion. Everyone always asks me why I don't go so this year it works out that I can go.

I was thinking of maybe trying a lap quilt with this one but I don't have alot of time if I am going to be ready for OT plus I have to keep up with my local store. I take an order up about every three weeks or so. Plus I have grandkids every weekend and a handicapped husband and a mother that is in my house or on the phone several times a day.

so I may try to find time for a lap q We'll see...

I have been looking for some new K fabric. I bought a couple the other day so I am looking forward to seeing how they work out.
And am anxious to get this new fabric!! :D Anticipation!!! :lol:
Old 03-24-2009, 10:17 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Nothing like a squishy parcel in the mail box to brighten your day!

K x
Old 03-24-2009, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Marcia
Originally Posted by quilter1962
Marcia

Way to go girlfriend LOL. :wink:
Your blocks are so scrummy I love them all. I'm off to do a class next week end, so will post pics then. I don't think we have to use a ruler as it's not been mentioned. Will let you know. :D

Tisha
Tisha-is your class for a kaleidoscope quilt too???
Yes Marcia - the tutor is calling it Stack & Wack it looks like the same principal you've used. Will post pics afterwards. :D

Tisha
Old 03-24-2009, 10:32 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Look forward to that, Tisha - I'm REALLY excited by this technique! No classes around where I live though so seeing all you ladies' work is a real help and inspiration!

K x
Old 03-25-2009, 04:41 AM

Hi, Very beautiful quilt.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:02 AM
Banned

Oh Marcia, They are gorgeous.... Were they hard to do?