Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Keychains in progress

Blog Entries
    Here is what I am working on now. I sell to a local gift shop and she has an open house planned for the middle of March. So I have to get as much done as I can and get it up to her. I do Hotpads checkbook covers eyeglass cases coin purses bookmarks and keychains plus other stuff. There will be a Quilt Festival there the end of April so I am working toward that as well.

These are the keychains I am working on today. The top one needs a couple of HSTs to fill in. The blocks in these are 1" hsts or star points in the one. The one that is sewn needs borders yet. But I thought I would show you while it is in progress.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    oh, Rhonda, there are beautiful!! What patience you have to work with such teeny tiny pieces! Will look forward to seeing more of your work!!! :thumbup:

Those are beautiful key chains!

sew cute..

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Rhonda these are exquisite!

Oh, my goodness!!! You certainly are skilled to work with all those tiny pieces. What a wonderful job you do also.

soooo precious!

Very nice!

Blog Entries
    Rhonda,
    They are absolutely gorgeous!! :D You certainly do have the patience of Job!! Thank you for sharing with all of us. We always love to see your projects.
    Cheryl
    :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone. I have been gone shopping for grocs (oh joy) all day and just got home. Thank you for your kind comments. I love the tiny things and they really aren't that hard to do. I get bored with the process sometimes and have to keep motivated! I will post more of this order as I get more done.

Blog Entries
    As always, lookin good! G

Those are cute!
    You do such great work, Rhonda!

Adorable... I'm not sure I could work with such tiny pieces.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Gayle Terri and Rachel! I love doing them. I saw some even tinier today tho!! She paper pieced the blocks and her mother put them in these tiny little clear plastic boxes like a shadow box but they are so tiny!! Wish I had my camera with me at the time. She did log cabin squares and a couple of the pineapple ? I forget what it is called. The finished size of the pieces were 1/16" I kid you not!! If I get back into town soon I will go take some pics. These squares or rectangles are about 1" to 1 1/2" finished! And the boxes are just barely bigger. They are charging $15 and $20 per piece!! A couple of them are broaches. but most just have a tiny metal jewelry ring at the top like one you would put on a charm bracelet. They are so great looking. That is tiny!! I wish I had pictures to show. To give you an idea most of them are the size of a match book or smaller. And the quilt blocks are complete blocks. There were probably 4 rows out from the center on each side of the center. All this in a 1 1/2" plastic box.

Blog Entries
    WOW Rhonda, you do such amazing work. ...and as an added bonus to doing something you love you have a paying outlet for it. It doesn't get much better than that :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Love your little keychains. Wish I had your patience. You do amazing things.

Blog Entries
    Thsnks Sharon and Burnsk! I appreciate your comments!! Hopefully I can stay motivated to get more done! And yes Sharon I do feel blessed to have a place that buys outright from me! Then to be able to share what I learned with you guys makes me doubly blessed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Thanks Gayle Terri and Rachel! I love doing them. I saw some even tinier today tho!! She paper pieced the blocks and her mother put them in these tiny little clear plastic boxes like a shadow box but they are so tiny!! Wish I had my camera with me at the time. She did log cabin squares and a couple of the pineapple ? I forget what it is called. The finished size of the pieces were 1/16" I kid you not!! If I get back into town soon I will go take some pics. These squares or rectangles are about 1" to 1 1/2" finished! And the boxes are just barely bigger. They are charging $15 and $20 per piece!! A couple of them are broaches. but most just have a tiny metal jewelry ring at the top like one you would put on a charm bracelet. They are so great looking. That is tiny!! I wish I had pictures to show. To give you an idea most of them are the size of a match book or smaller. And the quilt blocks are complete blocks. There were probably 4 rows out from the center on each side of the center. All this in a 1 1/2" plastic box.
    A 1/16th? That's like a sliver--amazing

k3n
    Blog Entries
    1/16"? I read that right? :shock: Take your camera next time, plus a magnifying glass!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    1/16"? I read that right? :shock: Take your camera next time, plus a magnifying glass!
    Yeah you read that right! It was amazing! It is paper pieced of course and extremely tiny! She did a heart in one little box and the whole thing is about 1". paper pieced not applique. I wish I could afford to just buy one but she is asking $15 to $20 and I just can't see spending that much on one. I realize it is amazing but....

Rhonda, your keychains are awesome. If you do get some pictures of the "match book" quilts I'd love to see them! Talk about the patience of Job!!!! Great job! I love to see your stuff.

oh so cute

You do such wonderful work. I am amazed. Those little bits of fabric would drive me crazy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    You do such wonderful work. I am amazed. Those little bits of fabric would drive me crazy.
    they aren't little when I start with them!! That is the trick!

Rhonda, your projects are just amazing.
    You are such an asset for this board helping us to broaden our "vistas" and give us new things to try.

(translation--I love the little templates you sent but haven't gotten around to using them...... :mrgreen: --quilters always have way too many projects!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast