Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kids lapquilts done!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Thanks ladies, for all your generous comments!

K x

Both the quilts and kids are adorable!!!!! Great job!

Your 20 is different than the states 20 right? Couldn't dig up the ground at 20 degrees around here.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Yes, sorry beachlady, 20 celsius, I'm not sure but i think that's in the 70s?

K x

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Yes, sorry beachlady, 20 celsius, I'm not sure but i think that's in the 70s?

K x

Just found a converter, it was 23 celsius which is 74 F ish!

K x

Those are just darling kids! I would worry about a child if he/she wasn't a little stinker once in a while. They gotta learn now right?

I love those quilts. You did a great job making them.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Red and you're absolutely right - in fact, when they're naughty it's all I can do not to laugh a lot of the time! I tell 'em off then go hide and have a private chuckle! LOL Lily's favourite trick at the moment - locking her brother in the stable - the bolt is on the outside and he can't reach over! Luckily he's quite easy going, a lot of big brothers wouldn't take some of what he puts up with!

K x

k3n
    Blog Entries
    AND today Joey was outside at 8.30am because I gave them a patch each in the veggie plot to grow some seeds. Well, he was there, getting out every little weed and stone and diggin and raking til the soil was like cake crumbs! Then Lily saunters out about 10am, takes one look at her patch of weeds and demands that he swap patches with her!! He nearly did it too only I wouldn't let him! Oh, I hope he doesn't end up with some woman who walks all over him when he's grown up!! (My mummy hackles are going up at the very thought!) It's funny how two kids can be so different, same parents, same raising!

K x

My 9 year old grandson is like your Joey. His "big" sister and girl cousin run over him on a regular basis. I think he's decided it's just easier to go along with what the "women" want -- until he gets mad and then watch out :-) :-)

The quilts are lovely, and the kids LOOK beautiful also. I love your stories about them. :lol: They do sound like typical kids. I grew up in a large family, as the oldest of 7 and I don't have any kids of my own, so I do remember things, but have no recent experiences. You all keep me in stitches!!!! :lol:

Quilts are lovely, kids are thrilled with them - result!

The kids and quilts are gorgeous!

Very, very nice. The kids look so happy!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Since I was talking about my garden, here's some pics. Today I was 'sowing' instead of 'sewing'! :D

K x

Joey's beautifully dug and weeded patch - now he's planted onions and sown lettuce!
    Name:  Attachment-29373.jpe
Views: 7
Size:  89.3 KB

Lily's patch - a WIP but with a little help she got it weeded and now planted onions (which she keeps pulling up to 'see if they've growed yet'! and sown poppies!
    Name:  Attachment-29374.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  85.4 KB

View across veg plot to our barn and house behind (tallest roof) and Lily - she has to get in every shot!
    Name:  Attachment-29375.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  65.3 KB

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Thats a lovely picture of the kids with their quilts K....I bet those quilts will be treasured now, is the weather still abit nippy up your end or are you starting to warm up now?? :D
    Izy, NWMK!!! 'nippy up my end'!!! painful! :lol:

I've been gardening this morning in a vest top and jeans!!!! It's clear blue sunshine and in the twenties! Beautiful! Kids are off on Wednesdays so they're doing their little gardens as well - just been planting onion sets and sowed 2 rows of early carrots (under polytunnel - not going to be fooled, I'm sure winter will have a final fling! :wink: )

K x
    Oh it sounds so idyllic, the weather is about the same here, no complaints, we had a bit of a breeze today which kept the heat down while we were working in the garden too!!

OMG sometimes I just don't think how something 'could' be interpreted, I guess you had your knickers on so no draughts up the Kyber!! :lol:

Izy
    K, just saw the pictures of the garden and barn..my god you got a hacienda there, I am so envious that you can grow veg, I used to have an allotment back in the UK and you have brought back so many memories with the kids :D

I have an area marked out for growing veg., but since we decided to rent out the villa during the summer, no point :( :( :(

k3n
    Blog Entries
    About the knickers - yes i was! Sorry, i know your remark was innocent, it's my mind that isn't!

Sorry you cazn't grow veg - I didn't last year because we spent the summer in an 8th floor flat in Holland because Hans had to be there for his work - nearly went crazy! You could grow lots of lovely herbs though!

K x

Thats a lovely picture of the kids with their quilts K....I bet those quilts will be treasured now, is the weather still abit nippy up your end or are you starting to warm up now?? :D
    Izy, NWMK!!! 'nippy up my end'!!! painful! :lol:
    I've been gardening this morning in a vest top and jeans!!!! It's clear blue sunshine and in the twenties! Beautiful! Kids are off on Wednesdays so they're doing their little gardens as well - just been planting onion sets and sowed 2 rows of early carrots (under polytunnel - not going to be fooled, I'm sure winter will have a final fling! :wink: )

K x
    Oh it sounds so idyllic, the weather is about the same here, no complaints, we had a bit of a breeze today which kept the heat down while we were working in the garden too!!

OMG sometimes I just don't think how something 'could' be interpreted, I guess you had your knickers on so no draughts up the Kyber!! :lol:
    yeah, I caught that one...was laughing my butt off...Izy you had K saying, "bit of a breeze today", too!!!
    omgoodness them munchkins are cute gardeners. I tell my girls, when we're all pondering who the grandbabies take after, in behaviours?...you never know who's swimming in their gene pool. :shock:
    Think my youngest daughters littlest one...might take after my middle daughter...would be babies aunt,...with a big dollop of her mama.
    She would be getting the red highlights from aunt and the rebellin-yellin, from her mama. She just turned one on monday. She's also very affectionate like her big sister (5). It was great to be a mom, but it's fantastic being a nana,...oops, look at the time, time to go see mommy! :wink: It usually takes a good while, maybe even a day or two, before I am ready for the goodbyes, though. :D
    K, before I talk about everything in the kitchen sink, how in the world did you get, not only two quilts done, but hand appliqued and hand quilted one of them, a doggie pillow, put in a garden, goodness, can't even remember all that you have done, and went on a vacation...in such a short amount of time, geesh girl, you make me tarred. I'm gonna get you a plane ticket and let you come help me with my to do list!!! :wink:

k3n
    Blog Entries
    C - well I guess it helps that I'm still up at 1am!!!

K x

k3n
    Blog Entries
    PS and you should see the state of my house! LOL

K x

PS and you should see the state of my house! LOL

K x
    ok, you come catch up my wip's, plant me a garden, make kitties a bed/pillow each and I'll come clean your house, lol.
    I have to clean. this place is small and me and hubby can't stand being cramped. We have a queen size bed and he still hogs it!
    I bet I'll get the better end of this deal :wink:

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I just don't put my specs on til i get outside then I can't see the dust! LOL

And I'd love to come plant you a garden;

BTW, how many kitties do you have?

K x

BC and Marble are our kitty cats. Your right about the specs. 8) i wear em and can't see without em :shock: I have an English accent going thru my pea right now. hey, just had an idea...use up some of those hex's for kitties. can wait a bit, it's warmin up here. did close some windows last night, but summer here...whewwee, it gets hot, hot, hot :roll:
    hugs, C

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Now I got that song in my head ' feelin' hot, hot, hot!'

K x

Now I got that song in my head ' feelin' hot, hot, hot!'

K x
    i've noticed that you seem very familiar with a lot of american stuff. it must be the 'telly'? I don't know much of nuttin about life over there.
    But I think your like me and don't sit down and watch much television. I can't, I'll fall asleep! that's part of the reason I get online when I do. If I watch in evening with hubby and drift off...messes with my night routine.
    I try to do sitting activities, but before long, I can't concentrate. Maybe this new doc will do me some good. have had the brain ache for 3 days now, ready to be done with it. you know, big brain, small head, lol! :lol:

Your kids with their new cuddle quilts made me smile today. They and the quilts are adorable. Thank you for the smile.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast