Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Lake to Lake Guild Quilt Show! (many many photos) >

Lake to Lake Guild Quilt Show! (many many photos)

Lake to Lake Guild Quilt Show! (many many photos)

Old 04-24-2010, 06:07 PM

Beautiful!!! I wish I could have seen some of those up close ...
Old 04-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Banned

Wow!! Your photos make me (almost) feel as if I had been there!! There were some beauties, that's for sure! My favorite pic is the very last one, not just because of the quilt, but because of the beautiful quilt-maker standing next to it!

And Peace and Joy, you should have let Karla take your picture!!
Old 04-25-2010, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Wow!! Your photos make me (almost) feel as if I had been there!! There were some beauties, that's for sure! My favorite pic is the very last one, not just because of the quilt, but because of the beautiful quilt-maker standing next to it!

And Peace and Joy, you should have let Karla take your picture!!
gaigai--you are so kind. And I agree on peace and joy in a pic!! I should have persisted. ;)

It's amazing to think all that was set up so quickly--and dismantled so fast.... and how many it must have inspired in the blink of time it was up. Wow.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:35 AM

Lots of beautiful quilts! That bluish/turquoise one was drop dead gorgeous! Thanks for sharing - It almost wants me to give up quilting - I can't hold a candle to some of them!
Old 04-25-2010, 03:43 AM

Now, now--no one is supposed to feel small or want to give up quilting from seeing these photos!! No. NO. NO!!! :thumbdown: They are 100% meant to inspire and to see color combos you might not have thought about--or patterns you want to try. :thumbup: I have to say--I think I was one of the youngest ones displaying quilts--and I'm nearly..nearly... nearly..5-0. (AHHHH) So--it takes years to polish skills...

Now, everyone who felt badly, repeat after me "I know I can...I know I can...I am growing...I am growing. I am a quilter. I am a quilter." 8-)
Old 04-25-2010, 03:52 AM

All so beautiful and sooo much talent there. I know you had a wonderful time and thanks for taking all the pictures. I really enjoyed this showing.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:25 AM

hahaha barnbum! Ok, ok, I will get on the horse again, and not be discouraged! AS MY MACHINE IS MY WITNESS - I WILL NEVER NOT QUILT AGAIN!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 04:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Lots of beautiful quilts! That bluish/turquoise one was drop dead gorgeous! Thanks for sharing - It almost wants me to give up quilting - I can't hold a candle to some of them!
See, my reaction was just the opposite--maybe because (as opposed to a larger show) there were more "traditional" than "art" quilts (No offense to the art quilters here). I looked at lots of them and thought "oooohhhh, I want to do that, and that, and that, and.........". I especially loved the one just below kayak, and have had my nose pressed to the screen trying to figure out the blocks! :shock: :P :P :P
Old 04-25-2010, 04:32 AM

Which is the bluish/turquoise one? The paper pieced star??

Oh--gaigai--I love that one too! The information said it was done with one fabric (?)--which was what intrigued the quilter. I could not figure it out when I stared at it--but once I realized it was fussy cut, I moved on. :lol: I do know the fabric is called He loves me, Loves me not--something like that--I've seen it before. The quilter said every row, or block, every something--ended with "He Loves Me." :-D Hmm--now that sounds like two different fabrics.

I would rather choose the Viewer's Choice after studying them like this!!
Old 04-25-2010, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

So did you post the winner of the viewer's choice and I just missed it Karla? I have this bookmarked so I can spend more time....there are sooo many!! (thank you!!!) I want to make lots of them!!