Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: latestquilts done

Blog Entries
    All three are absolutely wonderful!!! :D :D

Love them all, especially the pussycats.

Hi Deb ~ I just LOVE that sampler quilt and am in awe that you put all that work into giving it away to new homeowners ...... Next time I buy a house, I want you for my realtor!

Seriously, though, can you tell me what pattern did you use? I am hoping to start a sampler quilt this winter and yours would be perfect.

BTW, I am from Fayetteville, NY, so we are kind of neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by Nita
    Hi Deb ~ I just LOVE that sampler quilt and am in awe that you put all that work into giving it away to new homeowners ...... Next time I buy a house, I want you for my realtor!

Seriously, though, can you tell me what pattern did you use? I am hoping to start a sampler quilt this winter and yours would be perfect.

Near Syracuse??? The brown sampler is made with 10 different 12" blocks. Starting top L to R: Log Cabin, Nine O'Clock without the nine patch, Antique Tile, 4 Patch with Log Cabin sides, next one was just made from scraps - I am sure there is a name, but I didn't use a pattern, Next is Belle Fleur from Janet in About.com, Pineapples - the tute from our own Patrice, Arkansas CrossRoads, Queen Charlotte's Crown and Lousianna. Most of them are found on Quilter's Cache. If the blocks weren't 12 inches, I just found a similar design in 12 inch and adapted the cuts. Glad you like it! Didn't let on that this entire quilt was from scraps. :roll:

Blog Entries
    Those are great . Love the brown one.

They are ALL wonderful!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins

Near Syracuse??? The brown sampler is made with 10 different 12" blocks. Starting top L to R: Log Cabin, Nine O'Clock without the nine patch, Antique Tile, 4 Patch with Log Cabin sides, next one was just made from scraps - I am sure there is a name, but I didn't use a pattern, Next is Belle Fleur from Janet in About.com, Pineapples - the tute from our own Patrice, Arkansas CrossRoads, Queen Charlotte's Crown and Lousianna. Most of them are found on Quilter's Cache. If the blocks weren't 12 inches, I just found a similar design in 12 inch and adapted the cuts. Glad you like it! Didn't let on that this entire quilt was from scraps. :roll:
    Yes, near Syracuse ...... Takes me only 20 mins to drive into work (I am a nurse at St Joe's Hosp) Anyways, thanks for the "how to" regarding that beautiful quilt of yours. I have never attempted to make a quilt without an actual pattern, per se. I'm not much of a "wing it" type of gal. and when you refer to adapting cuts to make the block 12"??? Yipes! I guess I need to plug along with my simple quilts for a bit longer until I get enough quilting experience and confidance to tackle a sampler.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins

Near Syracuse??? The brown sampler is made with 10 different 12" blocks. Starting top L to R: Log Cabin, Nine O'Clock without the nine patch, Antique Tile, 4 Patch with Log Cabin sides, next one was just made from scraps - I am sure there is a name, but I didn't use a pattern, Next is Belle Fleur from Janet in About.com, Pineapples - the tute from our own Moonpi, Arkansas CrossRoads, Queen Charlotte's Crown and Lousianna. Most of them are found on Quilter's Cache. If the blocks weren't 12 inches, I just found a similar design in 12 inch and adapted the cuts. Glad you like it! Didn't let on that this entire quilt was from scraps. :roll:
    Yes, near Syracuse ...... Takes me only 20 mins to drive into work (I am a nurse at St Joe's Hosp) Anyways, thanks for the "how to" regarding that beautiful quilt of yours. I have never attempted to make a quilt without an actual pattern, per se. I'm not much of a "wing it" type of gal. and when you refer to adapting cuts to make the block 12"??? Yipes! I guess I need to plug along with my simple quilts for a bit longer until I get enough quilting experience and confidance to tackle a sampler.
    When I say adapt, - I simply mean that if the block that I like is an 8 inch or a 10 inch, I look at a 12 inch block that may have the same hst, or four-patch blocks. For example, in our Fall Swap that ColettaKay organized, the block I chose was Autumn Tints 2 - which is an 8 inch block. It is a four patch with a larger solid square. I just looked at the 12 inch blocks that had the four patches in it (I think the size of the small blocks went from 2.5 to 3.5 and the large block went from 4.5 to 6.5 for cutting) I am NOT a math whiz, and will look for the easiest way to do things. Eddie posted a great way to do triangles....in the Fig and Plum Diamonds post....I can't wait to try THAT!

Such lovely quilts. I like the brown one especially. Nice blending of colours!

Blog Entries
    Oh, they are all beautiful..you did a great job!

Very nice. All of them. :D

They're all great - I really love the sampler one!

love em!!

What beautiful quilts. All of them are wonderful!!!!Did you quilt them also?

Quote Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
    What beautiful quilts. All of them are wonderful!!!!Did you quilt them also?
    Yes, I did free motion on the pink and the sampler, and corner to corners on the Quilt for kids.

Lovely. I want the brown one. I really like earthtones.

Blog Entries
    very nice.......................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2