Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Little Blessings

Little Blessings

I, like many others, make up my own project kits and file away for that someday. Well, that someday finally came with the announcement that our niece was due to have her second girl in September. This pattern was a free download from Andover Fabrics using their fabric line designed by Nancy Murty and Peggy Davis entitled Little Blessings from 2008. I still like it after all these years, so here it is, finally made up and ready to send off. By the way, baby arrived one month early, so had to hurry up and finish quilting the borders when I got back from vacation last week!
    Name:  DSCF5640.JPG
Views: 3278
Size:  1.10 MB

Name:  DSCF5642.JPG
Views: 3268
Size:  1.09 MB
    Even though it is fairly heavily quilted, I used Hobbs 80/20 and it soft and cuddly after washing.
    Not wanting to leave out the two young step-sisters I made these two candy wrapper bags, put in a bag of Skittles and a $10 bill in each. They are 7-8 yrs. old, so hope they like them. I know my grand daughter does.
    Name:  DSCF5635.JPG
Views: 3259
Size:  1.12 MB

Cute! Cute! Cute! I need to make some of those bags for my grands.

What a cute baby quilt! And so thoughtful of you to add a gift for the older sisters! I myself had a cute little sister that was admired by everyone (whereas I was often ignored), and so I am quite sensitive to that and usually do the same.

I have many of those old patterns that may become a quilt someday. Yours turned out perfect. I really like the border fabric that you used. I'm sure it will be loved.

"Making a Quilt and not showing it is like writing a song and not singing it..."

Blog Entries
    Oh my, that quilt and the fabrics are just darling. Your right, time did not take away from that cute pattern and fabric. So, so cute!! And, it is very sweet of you to make those darling bags with a small monetary gift. It will help the siblings feel included at this time.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

What a darling quilt and fabrics. Love the quilting and wonder how you get the stitches on your binding so nice and straight?? The step-sisters will be so pleased to be remembered with such a sweet gift. Thanks for sharing.

What a darling quilt! Love how the border print frames and you did a fabulous job quilting it too.

What a sweet quilt, with beautiful quilting! Love the 'sisters' gifts too. Those are sure to be a big hit.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Oh, so cute ! All just darling ! We have Skittle lovers here--will need to check that out !

Very cute!

They are going to love it. You did a beautiful job. Love the bags too.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Power Poster
    ​Cute quilt and bags!

Your quilt is lovely and the quilting wonderful! So kind of you to make the gifts for the SS and a great idea!

Adorable baby quilt. What sweet skittles and starburst bags for the little one's big sisters.
    We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. Buddha

May I ask you how you made the bags? It is a darling quilt and those bags are quite charming.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter 65 View Post
    May I ask you how you made the bags? It is a darling quilt and those bags are quite charming.
    I can tell you how, I just made a zipper pouch from a Hershey's chocolate bag. I used Jenny Doan's method (Missouri Star Quilt Co.) as she demonstrated it on Utube. You need to buy fusible vinyl and fuse it to the outside of the empty candy bag before quilting it, adding the zipper and sewing the bag's sides. There's another lady on Utube who makes vinyl candy bag zipper pouches without quilting the candy bags. She just fuses vinyl to both sides of the candy bag and makes the pouch from that. I think Jenny Doan's look more substantial, so that's the method I followed, and I am very happy with my results---I intend to make more. Check it out on Utube.

Power Poster
    The baby quilt and bags are just too cute. You always do great work!

The baby blanket is beautiful and the little bags are ever so cute. God Bless You for making bags for the other girls as I am sure that it made them feel like they are really part of the family.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Wow! The quilt and little bags are super cute! Great job! and congrats for the new baby in the family! I love that you added the sweet gifts for the other children!

I know it thrilled you to use your project kit after so many years. The fabric is timeless. I especially like the border fabric! I had to ask if you quilted this on your domestic machine? The quilting designs look great.

Blog Entries
    Wonderful projects and the baby quilt is adorable with beautiful quilting.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Blog Entries
    Love the quilt. Perfect for the baby. The bags are great too. How thoughtful of you.

I think the quilt is a great baby quilt. Frogs are always to love even if they have aged a bit. I am glad fabric ages well in the stash. It is mostly timeless. I like those bags. What a fun idea. I am going to look up that project. Maybe a nice boutique project.

Love that quilt!

Darling quilt, and cute bags!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast