Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lone Star in progress--- need opinions

quote:
    Thank you for this link I added it to my favorites so I can look at them. I did look through some of the pictures and did get some great ideas. There are pages of beautiful lone star quilts. Mine is going to be a twin size and I wanted to put a smaller star in the corners and then maybe a nice boarder. I'm going to look through more pictures after awhile. Thanks again all of you, Huggies, Fay[/quote]

If you're thinking of putting stars in the corners you might look at Broken Stars. It is a lot more work though. I just think it's pretty. My aunt made one: old-style. Tracing the template with a pencil, cutting out by hand, sewing together by hand and then quilting by hand...I'm glad I was born when I was!

You can also check out this link to see lots of pictures. If not on this quilt, maybe another! I'm in the process of making a Lone Star and may never make another one!

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Broken Star
    Name:  Attachment-69834.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  65.2 KB

Might I suggest white? That way none some of your lighter colours would have definition. Let us see what you decide...looks exciting!

I say go with stark white!!! I feel the colors will pop out better, star points will show up great and you can use any color in the star for the binding! MHO

Lighter! :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2