Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 94

Thread: Look at the most disturbing Fabric I've ever seen!

  1. #1
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,839
    Why would someone create this? Why would someone buy it? "Boy, I sure hope the quilt store has some dead cat fabric today." No, I didn't buy this on purpose, but it came in a lot of quilting fabric I bought. My husband agrees it's the oddest fabric! I will have to keep it and take it out to show people once in a while. Sort of like a Ripley's Believe it or Not. It's an artist line produced by Michael Miller. Yuck. Trust me, the cats look sadder in person.
    Attached Images Attached Images



  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,179
    I think they were hoping they looked like Cat Angels but they missed their mark. Pretty sad looking. This is one cat fabric I WON'T be buying!

  3. #3
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    That sure is different fabric. I wouldn't want it.

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Elmira, NY
    Posts
    6,226
    Ooooo-kaaaaaaaaaay.

  5. #5
    Super Member MinnieKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    northern Minnesota
    Posts
    4,520
    Blog Entries
    3
    That's weird!

  6. #6
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,839
    Really terrible artwork. I can't believe this ever made it to the printing stage.

  7. #7
    Super Member Quiltforme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Beautiful Washington state!
    Posts
    3,341
    You win ugly odd fabric contest!

  8. #8
    Super Member SharonAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,464
    Pathetic. Must be the buyer was on something the day MM accepted this in his line.

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    4,230
    Blog Entries
    1
    The only one I would even think about with dead cats is where they are romping over the Rainbow Bridge...and even then the memory of my own lost fur kids would kick in and I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

    Frankly, this fabric sucks!! And we're expected to gasp with pleasure and hand dollars to the LQS for them!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Janet Orfini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Why would someone create this? Why would someone buy it? "Boy, I sure hope the quilt store has some dead cat fabric today." No, I didn't buy this on purpose, but it came in a lot of quilting fabric I bought. My husband agrees it's the oddest fabric! I will have to keep it and take it out to show people once in a while. Sort of like a Ripley's Believe it or Not. It's an artist line produced by Michael Miller. Yuck. Trust me, the cats look sadder in person.
    This is soooo bad on soooo many levels. I'm a textile designer that work for Timeless Treasures, Northcott, P&B, just to mention a few, and never would I have allowed something like this to get past my office.I see things like this and I wonder why I'm still out of work.

  11. #11
    Super Member shequilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,340
    I'm curious to know who the manufacturer is? It might effect my future purchases. This is awful!
    Karen

    'Sorry, I just reread and see it's Michael Miller. Too bad. I usually like their stuff.

  12. #12
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,839
    Quote Originally Posted by shequilts
    I'm curious to know who the manufacturer is? It might effect my future purchases. This is awful!
    Karen

    'Sorry, I just reread and see it's Michael Miller. Too bad. I usually like their stuff.
    The selvage reads M.E. Hordyszynski for Michael Miller Fabrics

    I don't think it needs the copywrite do you? Hehe what do I win for the ugliest fabric? More ugly fabric?:>

  13. #13
    Super Member bjnicholson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    3,236
    Blog Entries
    1
    Uck!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Central TX
    Posts
    421
    I've seen some ugly fabric but I think this takes the cake!!

  15. #15
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,839
    Janet don't feel too badly, I'm sure this is older as I can't find it online. I did find some other fabrics by this designer, though. And frankly, I'm not a fan.

  16. #16
    Super Member purplefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Round Rock,Texas
    Posts
    6,134
    That fabric is rather disturbing....

  17. #17
    Power Poster cjomomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Posts
    15,938
    Blog Entries
    2
    ALRIGHTY THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY?????????

  18. #18
    Super Member daisey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    1,701
    yes angels look content usually these guys just look miserable..

  19. #19
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    High Entropy Zone
    Posts
    1,250
    Maybe the artist was trying to depict kitty heaven and it just didn't do it for you.

  20. #20
    Super Member trisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Northwest Ohio
    Posts
    1,874
    Wonder what it would look like as a OBW? I am not a cat lover so this fabric would not be allowed anywhere near or in my house, but this is really sad. I hope this person isn't designing for Miller anymore.

  21. #21
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    19,378
    I think it's unattractive, but the cats all have open eyes - maybe the designer was trying to convey that cats think they are angelic - even when they are being brats. ????

  22. #22
    Super Member wvdek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    A million dollar view!
    Posts
    8,890
    Just plain weird.

  23. #23
    Power Poster oksewglad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Between the dashes of a tombstone
    Posts
    10,228
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    You win ugly odd fabric contest!
    My thoughts exactly! Our guild is having an "uglies" drawing next month. Sure glad this isn't going to be one of the choices! STill drying the tears from my eyes!!

  24. #24
    Super Member SharonAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Janet Orfini
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Why would someone create this? Why would someone buy it? "Boy, I sure hope the quilt store has some dead cat fabric today." No, I didn't buy this on purpose, but it came in a lot of quilting fabric I bought. My husband agrees it's the oddest fabric! I will have to keep it and take it out to show people once in a while. Sort of like a Ripley's Believe it or Not. It's an artist line produced by Michael Miller. Yuck. Trust me, the cats look sadder in person.
    This is soooo bad on soooo many levels. I'm a textile designer that work for Timeless Treasures, Northcott, P&B, just to mention a few, and never would I have allowed something like this to get past my office.I see things like this and I wonder why I'm still out of work.
    Hi, Janet - You know? The VERY first thing I thought of when I saw this post and the dead cat fabric picture, was how COULD they create this as part of a fabric line when your gorgeous zodiac fabric was rejected for publication, so to speak (not necessarily by MM, but by your dealers). What makes this acceptable and yours NOT? I just don't understand.
    Your design was beautiful and a sure winner. This is not fit for rags.

    Just my 2 bits worth.

  25. #25
    Super Member tolepainter54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    1,370
    I must be crazy but I think it is kind of cute. Must be all the pain meds I've been on.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.