Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Look What Hubby Got Me For Valentine's Day

  1. #1
    Senior Member Deara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rowan County, North Carolina
    Posts
    808
    I have the best hubby.
    No it wasn't roses or flowers of any kind.
    It is this beautiful Singer Model 12 fiddlebase.
    She is cute and now graces one of the tables in our living room.
    I also got a huge box of chocolates and a beautiful card.

    I am really blessed that my hubby shares my love for vintage and antique sewing machines.

    What did your loved one get you for Valentine's Day?
    Please share your blessings...........

    Blessings,
    Sandi
    Attached Images Attached Images





  2. #2
    Super Member sewmuchmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,996
    Blog Entries
    1
    He is a keeper :thumbup: Love your new baby. :wink:

  3. #3
    Super Member quiltlonger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Rushford, NY
    Posts
    1,690
    Lucky you! Can look at while nibbing your chocolates and imagining all the quilts it has sewn!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    9
    Happy Valentine's Day! I could sit and stare at your new machine all day;) Your husband did well...don't let him get away!

  5. #5
    reach for the stars 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ILL.
    Posts
    3,568
    What a great gift and it doesn't go straight to the hips. Happy Valentines Day!

  6. #6
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Super Member Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville NC
    Posts
    6,761
    Blog Entries
    17
    I got a new fridge and I love it!

  7. #7
    Super Member dakotamaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South central Nebraska, US
    Posts
    5,585
    Last night hubby and son took us girls to a winery, we tasted lots of wines, took a tour of the wine making process and than went out to a nice restaurant. I had the pleasure of not only hubby's company but my only son and his wife. It was so much fun!

  8. #8
    Super Member PurplePassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southern MN
    Posts
    2,622
    Oh, she is beautiful.

  9. #9
    Moderator Up North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North East Lower peninsula of Michigan
    Posts
    6,502
    I got a box of candy and will gain a Daughter in law this afternoon!!

  10. #10
    Super Member clem55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lexington,Kentucky
    Posts
    6,200
    Blog Entries
    6
    Woke to find coffee ready, a box of chocolates and a beautiful card waiting for me, and I thought that wass wonderful. While having a sip of coffee, he reached around me from behind, and presented me with a small box holding large diamond stud earrings!! I think I may keep him for another 56 years!!

  11. #11
    Senior Member Deara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rowan County, North Carolina
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    Last night hubby and son took us girls to a winery, we tasted lots of wines, took a tour of the wine making process and than went out to a nice restaurant. I had the pleasure of not only hubby's company but my only son and his wife. It was so much fun!
    Family time is a great gift, one that will last longer than the flowers and candy.

    You are truely blessed.

    Sandi

  12. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Deara
    I have the best hubby.
    No it wasn't roses or flowers of any kind.
    It is this beautiful Singer Model 12 fiddlebase.
    She is cute and now graces one of the tables in our living room.
    I also got a huge box of chocolates and a beautiful card.

    I am really blessed that my hubby shares my love for vintage and antique sewing machines.

    What did your loved one get you for Valentine's Day?
    Please share your blessings...........

    Blessings,
    Sandi
    my dh passed 10 yrs ago,great man.i have been blessed twiceas i have met another manwho is just as great [in his own way]
    last year for my b-day he bought me a 1909 singer treadle! this year for valentine's day he bought me a new pump for one of my houses[BIG $$$$$].i know pumps aren't romantic,but when they say "it's the thought that counts"i'd say it eally applies here,don't you???
    as i said,wonderful man.....don't know what i've done deserve to have TWO men like this in my life,but i thankgod every day [by the way,we're putting a bid on a house tgether !!!!!!!!!!!!! i plan on keeping him!]sorry this has been so long,but am so excited i had to tell you all,feel like you're all my friends & knew you'd al;l behappy for me.
    happy valentine's day to all.love,dar

  13. #13
    Senior Member Deara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rowan County, North Carolina
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    I got a box of candy and will gain a Daughter in law this afternoon!!

    Gaining family through marriage is always a plus.
    Daughter in laws are special to our hearts as they love and care for our sons.
    You too are blessed and then some.

    Sandi

  14. #14
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,577
    That is so cool.

  15. #15
    Power Poster Mariposa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    26,789
    Congrats on your "new" machine! Your hubby is a keeper! :)

  16. #16
    Senior Member Deara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rowan County, North Carolina
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by clem55
    Woke to find coffee ready, a box of chocolates and a beautiful card waiting for me, and I thought that wass wonderful. While having a sip of coffee, he reached around me from behind, and presented me with a small box holding large diamond stud earrings!! I think I may keep him for another 56 years!!

    My coffee was ready this morning as well, with the card propped in front of it.
    Please show us the your earrings.
    I may not be a jewelry person, but I appreciate others that do and share their pretties.

    Sandi

  17. #17
    Senior Member Deara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rowan County, North Carolina
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by dar627742
    Quote Originally Posted by Deara
    I have the best hubby.
    No it wasn't roses or flowers of any kind.
    It is this beautiful Singer Model 12 fiddlebase.
    She is cute and now graces one of the tables in our living room.
    I also got a huge box of chocolates and a beautiful card.

    I am really blessed that my hubby shares my love for vintage and antique sewing machines.

    What did your loved one get you for Valentine's Day?
    Please share your blessings...........

    Blessings,
    Sandi
    my dh passed 10 yrs ago,great man.i have been blessed twiceas i have met another manwho is just as great [in his own way]
    last year for my b-day he bought me a 1909 singer treadle! this year for valentine's day he bought me a new pump for one of my houses[BIG $$$$$].i know pumps aren't romantic,but when they say "it's the thought that counts"i'd say it eally applies here,don't you???
    as i said,wonderful man.....don't know what i've done deserve to have TWO men like this in my life,but i thankgod every day [by the way,we're putting a bid on a house tgether !!!!!!!!!!!!! i plan on keeping him!]sorry this has been so long,but am so excited i had to tell you all,feel like you're all my friends & knew you'd al;l behappy for me.
    happy valentine's day to all.love,dar





    What a great gift, one that you really need and will be a blessing for sometime to come. How awesome to be blessed with another loving mate. God is good.

    There are countless others here on the board who have spouses and loved ones who gift from the heart and share our passion for quilting and sewing.

    Mine enjoys going into the quilt shops and fabric stores. Two weeks ago he bought me a dress form. He used his hobby money to purchase it. I credit my blessed life to a oneness with Christ that we both share with a passion.

    Blessings to you on the house bid,
    Sandi

  18. #18
    Senior Member Deara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rowan County, North Carolina
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn
    I got a new fridge and I love it!

    We come a long way when a fridge is a great gift for Valentine's Day. Love is not always about candy, flowers and personal gifts. Your special gift will be around a long time and will be a constant reminder of the love you share.


    Sandi

  19. #19
    Super Member irishrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    6,582
    Blog Entries
    19
    Roses hand delivered last night because my friend has to be out of town today.

  20. #20
    Super Member OKLAHOMA PEACH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BLANCHARD, OK
    Posts
    2,507
    So neat, I've never seen one.

  21. #21
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    2,738
    Great gift, so thoughtful! Very romantic, IMO. Kudos to your man.

  22. #22
    KrystelsQuilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    312
    Good hubby good hubby.... yup he's a keeper :)

  23. #23
    Super Member clem55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lexington,Kentucky
    Posts
    6,200
    Blog Entries
    6
    I didnt always get romantic gifts for anniv. or Val. Day. Our early years together were so hard that buying a card was a stretch. We often made our own cards to each other, and sometimes it was a favorite candy bar. Those meant as much to me as the diamonds I got as life became easier. Dot get me wrong, I love the jewelry also, but the love that he shows me everyday means more to me than any purchased gift . Don was my first love, we met when I had just turned 15 and he was 16. Ours was the marriage that wasnt suppose to last.

  24. #24
    Super Member AnnieH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Essex, England
    Posts
    1,108
    My lovely DH went out with me to buy the bits n bobs for a design wall and then assembled it and I'm sitting looking at it right now. Actions etc. He's a keeper too.

  25. #25
    Super Member ladyredhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    kingston, OK
    Posts
    1,139
    Blog Entries
    1
    WOW!!!!!!! that is so cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.