Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Memories of daddy...thanks to you it was possible >

Memories of daddy...thanks to you it was possible

Memories of daddy...thanks to you it was possible

Old 12-26-2011, 12:41 PM

Those are precious!!! What a wonderful memory & tribute to your Dad. Did you print the picture on fabric on an ink jet printer? I'm thinking of making a memory quilt for my Mom with some of her favorite photos.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:49 PM

That is a wonderfull thoughtful gift! They turned out awesome. I bet everyone loved them.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:10 AM

They are all beautiful,great job.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Pinkiris View Post
What a wonderful way to remember your Dad for the whole family. Now, everyone can "hug" him when they need to.
The pillows brought many smiles and tears. Before, I gave out the pillows, I asked who could remember something that during the Christmas holidays always brought a certain remark from Daddy...my great niece guessed right away...puzzles...I bought each family a puzzle...not just any puzzle...it had to be a very difficult one to put together...one had all marbles, one all candy, all toys, etc....Since I didn't put names on them, I said you're free to trade if you see one you would rather have...we all laughed for all but one person traded...I also got the simple board type puzzles for the little kids. For my 25 year old nephew who lost his sight this past summer...I got a puzzle board with shapes...so he could feel the shapes and find where it belonged..he said I can't believe you thought of a way to include me. In all it was lots of fun and we finished up with giving Mama a big tv...she said you can't give this to me...and then said but if you insist, I will enjoy being able to see the tv from my chair. Sorry to rattle on...but i wanted to share...and let everyone know sometimes you can take something inexpensive like the puzzles for us that brought back many wonderful memories. Never be afraid to share with others even when you have a fleeting thought of "this is dumb" because happiness, smiles, and laughter are each a wonderful thing.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by LindaDeeter View Post
Those are precious!!! What a wonderful memory & tribute to your Dad. Did you print the picture on fabric on an ink jet printer? I'm thinking of making a memory quilt for my Mom with some of her favorite photos.
I tried to print from my printer...after ruining some fabric...I ordered from a lady on ebay...that's the reason the pictures are all the same.
I hope to learn how to print my own, I know it can be done...I think my color ink was too low...next try will be with NEW ink.
"I think I can" "I think I can" "I think I can" "I'll keep you posted".
Old 12-27-2011, 09:41 AM

Beautiful cushions.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:41 AM

Wow, those are really nice!! What a way to remember your dad.

Originally Posted by sc-sunshine View Post
Pillows I made for my family, I almost forgot to make any pictures. I have already given some and decided I better make pictures...had to unwrap and make pictures...I'll try to get more pictures of the other ones and post. So many of you swapped fabrics with me and many just donated some squares...I have some quilts I'm working on...ran out of time for quilts so took some of the squares and make pillows so at least I had a gift for each...18 is a large group to take care of...LOL
Merry Christmas to you all.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:57 AM

Great keepsake .... I'm sure your family was more than appreciative!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:00 AM

What a wonderful idea for a gift to be treasured by all.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:03 AM

Forgot to say I loved your story about the puzzles and the thoughtful way to include your nephew. Your gifts were truly treasures.