Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: In memory of Samantha

So sorry your Samantha is gone, but what a beautiful memory to have. Your work of love is exquisite.

What a wonderful way to keep the memory of a beloved pet and family member alive. You know how much she would have loved to sleep on that! Newfies are so loving. The quilt is really beautiful.

Aw, newfies are so nice!

I lost my black lab 6 months ago, he was only 7. Then a month after that another one of my dogs had to be put down. It's been a sad and lonely place without them. I also made two quilts for them in memory of them. I'm sorry for your loss and your quilt is beautiful.

We lost our Leonburger several years ago and are still not over it. He was only 6 yrs old. (Newfies were one of 3 breeds used to develop this breed.) The giant breeds are truly gentle giants and the most loving dogs I've ever known. I hope your tribute to Samanta gives you comfort as you remember her. It is quite beautiful.

Thanks so much to everyone for your kind comments...

Very nice memory. I love those dogs.

That is just precious. I love it. A friend here in Spain has 3 Newfoundlands and they are wonderful gentle giants, she lost one last year but has replaced him with another who would have been doomed to abandonment had she not found him.

Its beautiful and you can cherish you pet forever

Power Poster
    wow!! what a great tribute

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    That is beautiful. I'm so sorry about your fur baby. There is never enough time with them. :cry:
    I totally agree. What a nice remembrance. My dog has been gone almost 11 years and I still miss him. I want another one but I think my cats will vehemently object!!

so very nice, sorry for your loss. great memory quilt. :thumbup:

Great quilt, I know we lost 2 labs in one year about 6 years ago, it is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    That is just precious. I love it. A friend here in Spain has 3 Newfoundlands and they are wonderful gentle giants, she lost one last year but has replaced him with another who would have been doomed to abandonment had she not found him.

Its beautiful and you can cherish you pet forever
    As I read this it warmed my heart to know that even in your friend's grief she offered a home to another dog who would have been abandoned. Thanks for sharing such a nice post :)

Blog Entries
    Lovely quilt. So sorry for your loss. Don't know how I could handle losing my little Shiz "poo".

It was meant for me to see this today of all days. I've just walked in from taking my 13 yr old pup to vet with congestive heart failure so I know, but can't yet accept, that I won't have her much longer. The grief is unbearable. But I take a lot of comfort seeing what you have done and I know in my heart that I will make one for Buttons. Thank you for sharing and my heart goes out to you and all the people in Sam's life that she filled with joy.

Blog Entries
    Great job on the quilt. So sorry for your loss. We lost our black lab 2 years ago and buried her in "her" quilt that I made. I am sure your Samantha will be greatly missed.

Blog Entries
    My son raises Newfoundland's and they are beautiful dogs. Gentle giants!!

Wow that is just so Beautiful and also that you have loved your devoted pet to make this in memory of her. I had a shih tzu x cocker sp. for 14 yrs. and when it came time to the decision to have her put to sleep it was so hard she was such a devoted and faithful furbaby. I miss her so much that I still have her picture and ashes on my dresser. She was also the best trucking buddy too.

Quote Originally Posted by cbuchanan
    It was meant for me to see this today of all days. I've just walked in from taking my 13 yr old pup to vet with congestive heart failure so I know, but can't yet accept, that I won't have her much longer. The grief is unbearable. But I take a lot of comfort seeing what you have done and I know in my heart that I will make one for Buttons. Thank you for sharing and my heart goes out to you and all the people in Sam's life that she filled with joy.
    cbuchanan- my heart goes out to you. Been in your shoes :(
    Take care sweetie.

Thanks much. I have better news today. ER Vet put her on 3 meds that stimulate the heart and today she is breathing much easier. I just knew yesterday would be her day but God does look after his special creatures and she's doing better today. I guess all animal lovers experience this pain and grief. It's comforting to know that there are others who care.

Thanks much. I have better news today. ER Vet put her on 3 meds that stimulate the heart and today she is breathing much easier. I just knew yesterday would be her day but God does look after his special creatures and she's doing better today. I guess all animal lovers experience this pain and grief. It's comforting to know that there are others who care.

I know, It just stinks that our wonderful animal companions have such a short time with us. And yes there is a special place in our hearts for each of our beloveds friends.

Banned
    Great Job!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    that is beautiful, and what a precious way to remember our four legged family members. May God bless you and your family. Penny

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry for your loss. This quilt is a lovely tribute to your time together. My husband would be even more devistated than I if we lost our little furry children. This gives me an idea for a gift for him. He would love to have a quilt with his darling little ladies honored in such a special way. Great job!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast