Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
miki's puffy pillow >

miki's puffy pillow

miki's puffy pillow

Old 09-21-2010, 04:54 PM

holly..not the way pattern for puffy quilt shows..my way i take either pieced or n ot block..the other puffy pillow with my parker on it is not pieced..i had the black and white blocks for years..never thought id like a whole quilt..got the idea to make pillow for xmas presents for family pets (dogs and cats) ran across the triangles...and took it from there.....I cut 6" sqs from feature fabric...i think 6 across and 6 down..doesnt matter however big you want it...i cut as many sq..1/4 smaller out of the "I never did like this fabric" in my stash cause you will never see it...put two together wrong sides.and tuck the top fab a little on each side ( making the sides all meet)...sew blocks across and then attach the remaining rows...turn over..carefully cut a slit in backing fab. i use seam ripper...stuff with a little poly fill in each and sew close...cut out back of pillow i use something real soft like fleece or flannel..the exact size of pillow and put right sides together...sew around 3 sides...turn inside out and stitch 4th side by hand...does that make sense??let me know...good luck
Old 09-21-2010, 04:55 PM

Cute and fluffy . Where did you get the pattern. Would love to make one for my daughter's toy poodle for Xmas.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:57 PM

crafty bear...real easy my way and not the patterns way.lol now I have typed out the instructions...sent them to holly ...now how do I send you the same instructions? let me know if you know.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:58 PM

buffy have sent my instructions out to do it my way..easier than pattern..gooding to see if anyone can tell me how to send those instructions out to those asking
Old 09-21-2010, 05:45 PM

Now if I was a little critter, I would love to have one of those!!! :lol: I better not let my little "girls" see it, or they will be meowing for me to make them each one!! :wink:
Old 09-21-2010, 05:50 PM

holly do you know how i can copy the instructions i sent you to those asking?
Old 09-21-2010, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by charleesmom
holly..not the way pattern for puffy quilt shows..my way i take either pieced or n ot block..the other puffy pillow with my parker on it is not pieced..i had the black and white blocks for years..never thought id like a whole quilt..got the idea to make pillow for xmas presents for family pets (dogs and cats) ran across the triangles...and took it from there.....I cut 6" sqs from feature fabric...i think 6 across and 6 down..doesnt matter however big you want it...i cut as many sq..1/4 smaller out of the "I never did like this fabric" in my stash cause you will never see it...put two together wrong sides.and tuck the top fab a little on each side ( making the sides all meet)...sew blocks across and then attach the remaining rows...turn over..carefully cut a slit in backing fab. i use seam ripper...stuff with a little poly fill in each and sew close...cut out back of pillow i use something real soft like fleece or flannel..the exact size of pillow and put right sides together...sew around 3 sides...turn inside out and stitch 4th side by hand...does that make sense??let me know...good luck
Makes Sense thanks!!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:01 PM

Very good idea for my furbabies too!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:24 PM

I like your puffy pillow. Will have to try making one or more.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by charleesmom
buffy have sent my instructions out to do it my way..easier than pattern..gooding to see if anyone can tell me how to send those instructions out to those asking
How about doing a tutorial with pic's so we all can see the process that you use. Please.