Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Mini Quilt >

Mini Quilt

Mini Quilt

Old 08-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

LOL It won't be quite this small of work but I used to make diaper bags back then and I made a quilt with this size blocks and snapped the quilt on the diaper bag from the front to the back so the quilt went over the opening and laid close to the bag. This was for a changing pad that could be unsnapped and used. I don't do the hand work like that anymore. I don't have the time it takes to do those.
Thanks I am glad you like them. I have a thing about challenging myself to do smaller and smaller things. I get bored so easily!!

Here are some hearts I make. I like to see how small I can go. The ones in the circle are give or take 1" and the one in the middle is about 3/4"
I make cloth hearts every year for valentine's day and my mom likes to give them as gifts. Plus she and I have them in wooden trays for decoration.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-12071.jpe  
Old 08-29-2009, 09:04 AM

Rhonda, your Mini quilts are amazing. I'm so glad you not only share the pictures, but that you have shared how you make them with us.
Joanne
Old 08-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Wow, those are amazing and so tiny!!! I can't imagine working on something so little - that one block with all those squares - mind-boggling!! You do beautiful work - look forward to seeing your doll quilt!
LOL You are going to do more than just see my Doll Quilt!! You will get to hang it on your own wall!! At least I hope you think it is worth hanging! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Funny that we got each other as partners! I love it!
Old 08-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Rhonda, your Mini quilts are amazing. I'm so glad you not only share the pictures, but that you have shared how you make them with us.
Joanne
Thanks Joanne! My motto is quilting is for sharing!!! I was raised to share with friends and anyone you could help. I get a lot of satisfaction in helping others. It isn't about money all the time it is about the art and the friendships it generates!!!
I am so glad you like my work. It feeds my ego!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Makes me feel good about myself that I did something right. That is the payoff for me. I tell people if I never sold another thing I would still be quilting. It feeds my soul!! I have to quilt!! It is an extension of me. I am sending out little bits of me in everything I make.
Even if noone knows who made the things I have sold- even if everything I have made falls apart - I know I have brightened someone's day and shared the beauty and that is so important to me.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:52 AM

Wow, that is amazing work for such tiny pieces. Incredible!
Old 08-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Eddie
Wow, that is amazing work for such tiny pieces. Incredible!
Thanks Eddie! Well tiny is what I do. I love the challenge!
Old 08-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Power Poster

Rhonda--everythime I see your work I am amazed--your workmanship is superb! :-D
I just finished some bookmarks and had an :idea: . After sewing the front and back together, I ironed on a piece of lite HeatNBond just an 1/8th to a 1/4th inch smaller than the finished piece to the wrong side of the back. Then turned the bookmark and pressed. The HNB gave a little extra body to the bookmark. Thanks for all your good ideas
Old 08-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Rhonda--everythime I see your work I am amazed--your workmanship is superb! :-D
I just finished some bookmarks and had an :idea: . After sewing the front and back together, I ironed on a piece of lite HeatNBond just an 1/8th to a 1/4th inch smaller than the finished piece to the wrong side of the back. Then turned the bookmark and pressed. The HNB gave a little extra body to the bookmark. Thanks for all your good ideas
I have never heard of HeatNBond. That sounds like a good idea tho. Is it hard to turn the bookmark right side out?
Old 08-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Power Poster

Rhonda
It's like WunderUnder; a fusible web. HeatNBond comes in Lite and regular. I use the Lite for sew through projects and no I it's not hard to turn. I can find it in a 5 yard roll at Walmart.
I downloaded my first pics--not bad for this Luddite--just hope they have come up correctly!--Keychain and bookmark are in the subject.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:54 PM

yuor really good at it.to do such tiny work. i've got a double axe blade or apple core started i need to work on it more.i've had it cut out for about six yrs.an about ten or fifteen more big quilts to get sewn.i hope to get some done for
x-mas.